Skype issues in Nokia Lumia 630

xuanxo

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi everybody
(hope you can understand my english) :sweaty:

I have a brand new Nokia Lumia 630 (windows phone 8.1 cyan), few apps added (LinkedIn, Whatsapp, and few more). Can't run Skype... Skype's icon is not at main screen (menu), in the app list I try to run it, but NOTHING happens... Nor errors, nor nothing.!!
Tried several times to uninstall and reinstall from Store, but I can't even uninstall. Also tried to uninstall / reinstall from web page, but nothing...
My MS account and Google accoount are fine.
Tried to run Skype just with wifi connection.
Everything else in my phone are working properly, with only one exception: "Transferir mis datos" App (Transfer my data... something like that, from the Store), that behaviour is just like Skype: Don't Run, Can't Uninstall, Can't Reinstall, and when try to run: NOTHING HAPPENS.
:crying: Any clue for fix that.?? :cry:

Thanks in advance, guys! :wink:

(I can't find this problem in another thread, hope that publish here is fine)

Regards

edit: for more information: I've made a soft reset and nothing changes about Skype. / in app list, icon Skype: option 'anclar al inicio' (lock in start, or something like that) is unavalaible, appears gray and can't choose that.

Last edited:

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi everybody
(hope you can understand my english) :sweaty:

I have a brand new Nokia Lumia 630 (windows phone 8.1 cyan), few apps added (LinkedIn, Whatsapp, and few more). Can't run Skype... Skype's icon is not at main screen (menu), in the app list I try to run it, but NOTHING happens... Nor errors, nor nothing.!!
Tried several times to uninstall and reinstall from Store, but I can't even uninstall. Also tried to uninstall / reinstall from web page, but nothing...
My MS account and Google accoount are fine.
Tried to run Skype just with wifi connection.
Everything else in my phone are working properly, with only one exception: "Transferir mis datos" App (Transfer my data... something like that, from the Store), that behaviour is just like Skype: Don't Run, Can't Uninstall, Can't Reinstall, and when try to run: NOTHING HAPPENS.
:crying: Any clue for fix that.?? :cry:

Thanks in advance, guys! :wink:

(I can't find this problem in another thread, hope that publish here is fine)

Regards

edit: for more information: I've made a soft reset and nothing changes about Skype. / in app list, icon Skype: option 'anclar al inicio' (lock in start, or something like that) is unavalaible, appears gray and can't choose that.

try downloading the xap of both apps (from wp store) and install them manually.
put them in your storage
restart your phone
goto store
ellipsis
and you will see install local apps

xuanxo

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
thanks for response, therawkr92 .!

sadly that option is not working either.

in store, trying to install manually, appears: (my phone is in spanish, so will try to translate)

compatible apps and games:
SKYPE --> installed
and it is grayed and no available to select.

I'm clueless... :crying:

DER1996

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried a hard reset ? go to about my phone the select reset ( caution ALL your date will be deleted , except the music and videos on your sd card ) , then after setting it up try installing the xap manually

xuanxo

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I did not tried a hard reset. Need to backup data first.
Hard reset takes long time to perform?
In other hand: is possible that my telephone services provider could "lock" this app in some way?

nakialj

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I did not tried a hard reset. Need to backup data first.
Hard reset takes long time to perform?
In other hand: is possible that my telephone services provider could "lock" this app in some way?

Yes hard reset takes time but your telephone service provider wouldn't lock the Skype app. Try to reset your phone and see if the problem continues. ^_^

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
thanks for response, therawkr92 .!

sadly that option is not working either.

in store, trying to install manually, appears: (my phone is in spanish, so will try to translate)

compatible apps and games:
SKYPE --> installed
and it is grayed and no available to select.

I'm clueless... :crying:

greyed out ? if you tried to download the XAP through the phone browser it will automatically take you to the store
try it from a pc
uninstall the app and then see if the option is coming ..... its in the main app page itself
its at the bottom most on the left end just after the supported languages.

xuanxo

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
greyed out ?

Oops... sorry I've misspelled that (my english is not good enough)

if you tried to download the XAP through the phone browser it will automatically take you to the store
try it from a pc

that was exact what I did. Transferred from PC by USB cable

uninstall the app and then see if the option is coming .....

That's the problem. It's impossible uninstall the app. No option available.!! (greyed uot)

its in the main app page itself
its at the bottom most on the left end just after the supported languages.

I can't find that option. Skype is NOT at main app page, and in the list is not working.

Sorry for such many questions. Thanks anyway, hope you can help me.

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Didn't know that way.
when I tried what you said, I've discovered that Skype is NOT in the apps listed... !!

dayum ! i'm speechless.

make a backup of contacts :)
hard reset and start fresh ! (if you installed in the mem card format that as well)

anyways using skype for calling is a pain in the a**..
you know you cant touch any buttons on the screen while in a call:)
can use it only for basic chatting :)

xuanxo

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
dayum ! i'm speechless.

make a backup of contacts :)
hard reset and start fresh ! (if you installed in the mem card format that as well)

anyways using skype for calling is a pain in the a**..
you know you cant touch any buttons on the screen while in a call:)
can use it only for basic chatting :)

Hahaha. Really?? Skype is really a pain in the a** ?? (this part of english language is well known by me)

I'm speechless too... totally clueless.

Anyway, everything else looks works fine in my phone, very smooth.
So, I am not hard reseting my lumia just for Skype... I'm afraid could be 'broken' something else.
Will use Skype just in PC as usual.

Anyway, thanks therawkr92, for responses and advice about Skype un WP8.1. You're very kind at answering me.

Cheers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon