To PfD or not to PfD, that is the question...

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Okay, so here is the situation. I have a Lumia 635 on AT&T in the US. Denim has not yet been rolled out to this device, but AT&T did just roll out Denim to the 1520 in the US.

If I KNEW that Denim was coming to the 635 on AT&T in the US next week, I would probably wait without hesitation... wait, that would be hesitation, but I wouldn't hesitate about hesitating.. no, wait... never mind. I'd wait if I knew it were coming soon, put it that way. ;)

Okay, I did have fun with that last paragraph. Now, on to the issue. I just backed down from Windows 10 on my 635, because even though there are several features I feel like I just can't live without any longer, some of the features on 8.1.1 that have not yet made it to 10 I also cannot live without. Due to the fact that I can't live without some of the 8.1 features more so than the 10 features (like full Cortana functionality), I decided to go back.

If I install PfD again, will I be able to get Denim when it comes? Or will I have to roll back first? Has this been definitively answered yet?

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
You will get denim.
You don't need to roll back.
The only option you have to do is to disable the pfd program by unchecking the box inside the app.
Some devices got denim while still checked into pfd while so got by unchecking the pfd.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes it has, you do not need to roll back to cyan only.
The only thing is that you probably need to unmark the box in the app to "trigger" the DENIM update is released. In other words people who had the box marked and checked for updates did not find the denim update but as soon as the unchecked the box they "found" the denim update.
Until now only the ICON needed the box to be checked to get the update.
And if you use pfd you have to have the latest pfd update otherwise you may get an error code during the Denim update.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Very well. Checking the box and proceeding. I just can't stand not having it any longer after having used it before.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss