06-21-2012 10:24 AM
78 1234
tools
    I just did a hard reset and my battery life estimated life time increased from 18 hours to 1 day and 12 hours with all old apps installed. Two things that may be the culprit:

1. Make sure you go to App Highlights, then click the settings dots at the bottom of the screen and choose privacy. Deselect where it says it can collect data. There is also a checkbox for notifications that needs to be unchecked. Make sure you turn off the App Highlights live tile as well.

2. When you first boot your phone for the first time (or after a hard reset) it asks you to sign into Nokia services or whatever. I'm wondering if there is data collection from that, so I chose not to sign and will see if my battery life increases.

I have a feeling that battery life will be hot garbage though regardless, but just food for thought.....
    Battery life drops so much after old apps are reinstalled? Do you have a lot of background tasks active?
    03-02-2012 10:31 PM
    Yes, the battery life on the Lumia 710 is not so good. My wife did a few texts, a little email, and one phone call from the morning (fully charged) to about 4 PM yesterday. At 4 PM she had 65% battery left. Geez...
    That's WAAAAAAAAAY better than I get on my HD7...
    speedtouch likes this.
    03-03-2012 10:28 AM
    I just did a hard reset and my battery life estimated life time increased from 18 hours to 1 day and 12 hours with all old apps installed. Two things that may be the culprit:

1. Make sure you go to App Highlights, then click the settings dots at the bottom of the screen and choose privacy. Deselect where it says it can collect data. There is also a checkbox for notifications that needs to be unchecked. Make sure you turn off the App Highlights live tile as well.

2. When you first boot your phone for the first time (or after a hard reset) it asks you to sign into Nokia services or whatever. I'm wondering if there is data collection from that, so I chose not to sign and will see if my battery life increases.

I have a feeling that battery life will be hot garbage though regardless, but just food for thought.....
    Estimated battery life is just that: estimated. Not to mention it's based initially on the standby rating and from there it's based on average usage. For example if I browse or game continually for an hour or so and then check battery saver it might say 57% remaining, 2 hours estimated. Then if I don't touch it for hour and then check battery saver again it will say 54% remaining, 8 hours estimated.
    03-03-2012 10:36 AM
    That's WAAAAAAAAAY better than I get on my HD7...
    Believe me, I know. I have an HD7 as well and battery life on it is atrocious.
    03-03-2012 10:50 AM
    I understand the Nokia BP-4L can fit into the 710 with a little tweaking to the back cover, so with that said does anyone know where to get a Nokia genuine 1650mAh BP-4L battery? I have been googling and checking ebay for one but no luck.

The BP-4L used to be 1500mAh so those are the only ones that you can find online.

Also there has been a lot of talk about Mugen batteries in this thread so I should add that I bought a 1300mAh Mugen battery to use as a spare for my HD7 and the Mugen battery gets drained a lot faster than the original HD7 battery with similar usage. The Mugen battery isn't bad, but don't expect too much.
    03-04-2012 01:00 AM
    Estimated battery life is just that: estimated. Not to mention it's based initially on the standby rating and from there it's based on average usage. For example if I browse or game continually for an hour or so and then check battery saver it might say 57% remaining, 2 hours estimated. Then if I don't touch it for hour and then check battery saver again it will say 54% remaining, 8 hours estimated.
    I understand this and made sure I had used it first before making this statement. It takes awhile before the battery meter actually reads an accurate statement. The true statement won't come in until it's been used a while and gets a true estimate.

And you're right, I've seen it to where it will estimate I have like two hours left after playing a game, but then come back a half hour later and it'll say perhaps 8 hours. It's been a couple of days and it is still estimating 1 days 12 hours, whereas before it would estimate around 18 hours after being unplugged (this is a reading of just pulling it out of my pocket off the charger). I have also deleted the ESPN app that comes with it because it showed up in my Background Apps under the Advanced section of where I would have no control of turning it off. I opened the ESPN app and looked for a settings menu or something and found nothing, so to play it safe I deleted it (hardly use it anyway).
    03-05-2012 07:28 AM
    I understand the Nokia BP-4L can fit into the 710 with a little tweaking to the back cover, so with that said does anyone know where to get a Nokia genuine 1650mAh BP-4L battery? I have been googling and checking ebay for one but no luck.

The BP-4L used to be 1500mAh so those are the only ones that you can find online.

Also there has been a lot of talk about Mugen batteries in this thread so I should add that I bought a 1300mAh Mugen battery to use as a spare for my HD7 and the Mugen battery gets drained a lot faster than the original HD7 battery with similar usage. The Mugen battery isn't bad, but don't expect too much.
    Not trying to be smart, but doesn't the HD7 have a 1500mah? I don't remember from when I had my old one, but I'm sure it did. If that's the case then of course it will drain faster at 1300 mah, or am I overlooking something?
    03-05-2012 07:30 AM
    Battery life drops so much after old apps are reinstalled? Do you have a lot of background tasks active?
    I have checked my background tasks, and the only one that I found that I don't know how background tasks are being used is ESPN. It appeared in the advanced background tasks tab and I looked for settings in the ESPN app to turn it off and there were no settings, so I deleted it for safe measure. Other than that, I'm aware of any background tasks that show up in both the advanced and basic lists and I'm OK with them (MetroRadio, for example, shows up in the Advanced Tasks you can't turn off, but yea....I'm sure we know why about that lol).

The only two active ones I have are StormGlass weather and GasBuddy, and they don't update that often. I know there are battery problems with the Lumia 800, so I'm wondering if we just got the same thing as well (and we have smaller batteries)......
    03-05-2012 07:35 AM
    Not trying to be smart, but doesn't the HD7 have a 1500mah? I don't remember from when I had my old one, but I'm sure it did. If that's the case then of course it will drain faster at 1300 mah, or am I overlooking something?
    No the original battery the HD7 came with was 1230mAh.
    03-05-2012 08:42 AM
    No the original battery the HD7 came with was 1230mAh.
    I see. No wonder the Radar battery life felt so much nicer lol.
    03-05-2012 08:53 AM
    OK so I got through my first typical 9-5 day with the 710 and I am pleased with the battery life compared to the HD7. I unplugged my phone from the charger around 8:30am this morning, did my usually daily things on the phone such as emailing (one email account set to sync every 30mins), texting, some surfing, facebook app, and a couple of short calls and by the time I got home around 5:30 the phone was still showing roughly 60%
    speedtouch likes this.
    03-06-2012 05:59 PM
    i have a nokia lumia 710 in brazil, ive bought it on launch, march 22nd, it was faulty so i received i new one from the store on march 23rd... its been four days with the phone now...

im taking it off the charger in the morning, around 7:15am, im using wifi all day long (at home and office) and when im out, ill go to 3g...

yesterday i had to charge it around 3 pm, since it was stating that its battery was TOO LOW...

now its showing up 94% and wrongly stimating that it was taken out of charge at 1 hour ago (i have turned it off and on again, so that maybe it)...

anyway, i have uninstalled NOKIA MUSIC, ESPN app, turned off background activities from App Highlights, have disconnected the Xbox Live thing (since i own a ps3), localization is on, since i really appreciate this gps features on smartphones...

i do have the facebook app installed (but i dont use it often) I have WLM account on (off course, today im using it on offline mode) and have facebook chat on, since they connect together i dont see how can it affect much...

one thing i cant turn off it the "news notifications" under contacts and under photos...

i have gmail syncing every 15min, hotmail every hour (and theyre not unified inboxes, both have the tile)... i have skype app (the beta, but it is there just when i need to call someone using data not voice - my data is cheaper)...

and i use IM+ with skype and google talk account on it on PUSH mode, wich works pretty well.

so, im just testing if my battery life lasts longer... ive heard that nokia is working on an update regarding battery life....

OK so I got through my first typical 9-5 day with the 710 and I am pleased with the battery life compared to the HD7. I unplugged my phone from the charger around 8:30am this morning, did my usually daily things on the phone such as emailing (one email account set to sync every 30mins), texting, some surfing, facebook app, and a couple of short calls and by the time I got home around 5:30 the phone was still showing roughly 60%
    03-27-2012 07:06 AM
    Hi folks, whenever Im charging my 710 at night (before I go to sleep), when I wake up the phone is not showing 100% charge, to be precise, it is even saying it is "still" charging...

But I know, for a fact, that this phone charges pretty quickly, since sometimes I charge it in the afternoon.

Anyone else is seeing this?

Another thing, if I hook off the charger, and re-attach it, it doenst start do charge again, only if I wait a few seconds...
    04-03-2012 07:08 AM
    Battery life is fairly impressive on my 710, 62% after 15 hours with H and WiFi activated with push set for every hour.
    04-05-2012 03:01 PM
    Battery life is fairly impressive on my 710, 62% after 15 hours with H and WiFi activated with push set for every hour.
    how many email accounts?
    04-05-2012 03:12 PM
    how many email accounts?
    I've only got hotmail, I've all my email accounts forwarded to Hotmail.
    04-05-2012 03:19 PM
    I have Gmail and hotmail, one for 15 and the other 1 h
    04-05-2012 04:01 PM
    Is it okay/normal that when i run the diagnostics app on my Lumia 710, it doesn't show the total battery capacity? It only shows the voltage and current battery discharge.
    05-07-2012 01:26 PM
    Why isn't there a response to my previous reply? :/
    05-19-2012 09:00 AM
    Is it okay/normal that when i run the diagnostics app on my Lumia 710, it doesn't show the total battery capacity? It only shows the voltage and current battery discharge.
    Definitely don't think it's normal..it should say/show "Full Charge Capacity"
    05-19-2012 09:45 AM
    Definitely don't think it's normal..it should say/show "Full Charge Capacity"
    Oh, well that seems like a problem. Those three words don't appear at all for me :/
    05-20-2012 11:15 AM
    I understand this and made sure I had used it first before making this statement. It takes awhile before the battery meter actually reads an accurate statement. The true statement won't come in until it's been used a while and gets a true estimate.

And you're right, I've seen it to where it will estimate I have like two hours left after playing a game, but then come back a half hour later and it'll say perhaps 8 hours. It's been a couple of days and it is still estimating 1 days 12 hours, whereas before it would estimate around 18 hours after being unplugged (this is a reading of just pulling it out of my pocket off the charger). I have also deleted the ESPN app that comes with it because it showed up in my Background Apps under the Advanced section of where I would have no control of turning it off. I opened the ESPN app and looked for a settings menu or something and found nothing, so to play it safe I deleted it (hardly use it anyway).
    My ESPN app doesn't show on the background list. The ones I have listed are AccuWeather, App Highlights, Dictionary.com, Nokia Music and Tuneln Radio. They are on the advanced section. On the normal section are just the 2 first and App Highlight being deactivated.

I'm still finding a way to get more battery life. I'll test how long it can last without internet access, nor games or music. I want to check how long it last being only a cell phone. Has anyone tried this?

For the record my battery says that its max capacity is 1302 mAh. That on the Battery status. On the other hand, on the Detailed Battery Info i got a max capacity of 1339 mAh.
    It's too few for a device designed to be used in so many ways. (cell phone, internet, radio, camera, video game).

I'll run this "solo cell phone" test this weekend. I let you guys know later.

Update: Checked battery info this morning, after charging at home, battery max capacity is 1453mAh. The previous one was after charging from the computer with the USB cable.
    Last edited by rnpereira; 05-31-2012 at 03:18 PM. Reason: update
    05-30-2012 07:02 AM
    Yeah, there's definitely something wrong with my battery. No internet, maybe 30 min of gaming, 20 minutes of phone calls, 5 sms. After 18h I've left 38% of battery. I really think I should have more. Or I am wrong?
    How can you guys achieve more time using 3g? I'm jealous.
    06-02-2012 05:49 PM
    Hello,

Just wanted to let you all know that I did pickup the "2430 mAh High Capacity Battery" off ebay ( know it could not possibly be as advertised but was hoping maybe for a 1500 or something. Anyway it reports at 1278 mAh. Not a huge surprise bt wanted to mention it. I had also tried a 1500 mAh auction but same deal 1295 on that one. Not a huge deal because a spare battery for the price is not bad in case I run out will work with the quick boot up time on the phone.
    06-13-2012 03:30 PM
    Guys what discharge are you getting?
    My Lumia 800 idles at around 120 but a friends Lumia 710 idles at at least 220.
    06-20-2012 01:36 AM
78 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD