back-button problems

jc0187

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Ok so, this issue has been going on for awhile now and usually only happens while im viewing YouTube videos. So after I have navigated to YouTube and searched for a video and watched it, i can not return to the previous page at once by hitting the back button. I literally have to hit it like 5 or 6 times in quick succession. I can then go back. But if i hit the back button slowly, i will never return to the previous page, no matter how many times i hit back button. Has anyone else experienced this? To test your device, head to YouTube, watch a video and hit the back button. I'm curious as to see whom else is having this issue. Oh, also, please post your results. Thanks.

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue with my Lumia 900. The back button is borderline worthless. It seems to affect many Lumia models, unfortunately. I contacted Nokia and they are having their R&D department look into it. I've heard from other users that if you have headphones plugged in, the back button will work just fine. It doesn't make any sense to me.

You'll find topics like these all over the place in regards to many Lumia models: Lumia 710 Back button not always working - Nokia Support Discussions

FourTonMantis

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
For youtube this happens because when you click on youtube link the browser redirects you from the desktop version of the website to the mobile one and this happens very fast. When you click back once, you dont go back to where you found the youtube link, but to the desktop version of youtube, which redirects you immediately to the mobile ver. and you feel like your back button is not working. For now the solution iz to press the back button twice rapidly, not allowing the desltop verzion of youtube to load and redirect you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon