Wireless Charging shell color for Lumia 720 (Red)

Varun Sharma5

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I recently bought a Red Lumia 720 and want to buy a wireless charging shell for it. I am not able to single down on the 'right' shell color for my phone. It may be obvious that for a red Lumia a red wireless shell would be the best match. But I want to go for a contrasting color. Does anybody own a red Lumia 720 with a shell of different color?? Which color (other than red) would go best with my phone?

Pieter Wolff

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I recently bought a Red Lumia 720 and want to buy a wireless charging shell for it. I am not able to single down on the 'right' shell color for my phone. It may be obvious that for a red Lumia a red wireless shell would be the best match. But I want to go for a contrasting color. Does anybody own a red Lumia 720 with a shell of different color?? Which color (other than red) would go best with my phone?

I own a black 720 and have purchased all three colours (red, yellow and white. I got the black one with the carging plate when I purchased the phone) wireless shells. I personally think that the white one will be the best match for your red phone but maybe the black one might be a good choice as well. Good luck...

Varun Sharma5

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I am also thinking of buying the black one.. I just bought a silicon case with shiny piano black finish and its looking really good with the bright red color. Till I buy a wireless charging shell I can protect my device with this $3 case lol...

Pieter Wolff

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I am also thinking of buying the black one.. I just bought a silicon case with shiny piano black finish and its looking really good with the bright red color. Till I buy a wireless charging shell I can protect my device with this $3 case lol...
Do you have the wireless charging plate already? And some advice for what it's worth: Nokia's wireless shell for the 720 ( CC-3064 ) comes in two shapes: one that covers the complete back and sides of the phone and one that covers the back and corners only. I find the first one extremely slippery and prefer the second one. Like this one:

Genuine Nokia Lumia 720 Wireless Charging Shell Hard Case Cover Red CC 3064 | eBay

Varun Sharma5

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't have the charging plate yet.. But I want to kind of get rid of my current all-black protective case for my phone and replace it with a charging case as I want the red color of my phone to be seen.. Moreover it would provide some level of protection also..

I enquired from Nokia and they said the wireless charging cases aren't available in India for 720 yet. But some online third-party vendors are selling them. I would probably wait for a few months and utilize my current case and give Nokia some more time to launch the cases officially... I would also go for the second case going by your word.. Thanks for the help!

Pieter Wolff

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't have the charging plate yet.. But I want to kind of get rid of my current all-black protective case for my phone and replace it with a charging case as I want the red color of my phone to be seen.. Moreover it would provide some level of protection also..

I enquired from Nokia and they said the wireless charging cases aren't available in India for 720 yet. But some online third-party vendors are selling them. I would probably wait for a few months and utilize my current case and give Nokia some more time to launch the cases officially... I would also go for the second case going by your word.. Thanks for the help!

Varun, maybe you want to consider the official Nokia case CC 1057 in black as per attachment. I've got a cyan and a red one and they are a perfect fit for your 720 untill you get your wireless shell....

Cc-1057 Nokia Shell Lumia 720 Black | Ebuyer.com

Varun Sharma5

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Varun, maybe you want to consider the official Nokia case CC 1057 in black as per attachment. I've got a cyan and a red one and they are a perfect fit for your 720 untill you get your wireless shell....

Fabulous! I would surely want to buy one of these... But I don't think they would be shipping the shells to as far as India... :/ I don't think they are available yet here so I can't buy them locally...

Varun Sharma5

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

OK!! I can see these on Amazon India store... I would surely buy one of the covers! But I really want to flaunt the Red element of my Lumia 720.. But in pictures the Red of the cover does not seem to be matching with the Red of the phone... take a look.. Amazon.in - Buy Original Nokia Lumia 720 Red Cover CC-1057 Online at Low Price in India | Original Nokia Lumia 720 Red Cover CC-1057 Reviews & Ratings

Pieter Wolff

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
OK!! I can see these on Amazon India store... I would surely buy one of the covers! But I really want to flaunt the Red element of my Lumia 720.. But in pictures the Red of the cover does not seem to be matching with the Red of the phone... take a look.. Amazon.in - Buy Original Nokia Lumia 720 Red Cover CC-1057 Online at Low Price in India | Original Nokia Lumia 720 Red Cover CC-1057 Reviews & Ratings

That picture doesn't show the real colour which is much brighter and I'm sure will be the same as the colour of your phone. This pic is much closer to the " real red" of the case.

CC 1057 Nokia Shell Lumia 720 Red 2737D0 | eBay

Varun Sharma5

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
That picture doesn't show the real colour which is much brighter and I'm sure will be the same as the colour of your phone. This pic is much closer to the " real red" of the case.

CC 1057 Nokia Shell Lumia 720 Red 2737D0 | eBay

Great... Alright I may be sounding too choosy now but I would have really preferred the black embossing of Nokia logo instead of the subtle colour on the case.. lol

Pieter Wolff

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Then I'm afraid you will have to wait for the wireless shell where on all colors exept for the black one the word NOKIA is embossed in black.
On the black shell tis will be in grey.

Varun Sharma5

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Then I'm afraid you will have to wait for the wireless shell where on all colors exept for the black one the word NOKIA is embossed in black.
On the black shell tis will be in grey.

The wireless charging shell is available from an independent vendor online.. I would probably buy that one.. Have you noticed that the wireless charging shell doesn't have a cut out for the speaker !!!!

Pieter Wolff

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I know, but it doesn't really make any difference. The sound is still pretty loud and I think it's the tiny speaker located at the bottom of the phone, next to the USB port....

Varun Sharma5

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I know, but it doesn't really make any difference. The sound is still pretty loud and I think it's the tiny speaker located at the bottom of the phone, next to the USB port....

I'll take your word for it and blindly go for the wireless charging shell.. Thanks for the prompt replies buddy!! Appreciated!!

Pieter Wolff

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Good luck Varun and I'm sure you are going to enjoy the wireless charging. Let me your thoughts once you've got it working. I would appreciate that!

speedo47

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi Varun,
Did you buy the wireless charging shell? I am also looking to buy it for my Lumia 720 cyan. although nobody has Cyan colour. If you have bought , can you tell me from where and for how much you bought it? I check in Nokia priority in Koramangala Bangalore and they have Black colour one for Rs.1999.

Varun Sharma5

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey Speedo,

I accidentally landed on this thread after a long time only to find your message. I didn't buy the wireless charging shell. Actually I couldn't buy it as it wasn't officially launched in India at the time I enquired about it. I am currently happy with the silicon cover I bought from Amazon. Though sometime in future I would invest in wireless charging (probably when I upgrade to Lumia 5060 :p ;))

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon