How do I reboot when my screen hangs and without using the power button?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

how to reboot when screen hang and without using power button

(lumia 720)
My screen got hanged and the screen looks like the TV screen when there is no channel visible from cable.
I am not able to switch off or use it. I dont know what to do with it.
and also my power button is broken so i can't do a physical soft reset (power+vol. down).
is there any other way to reboot my phone? all i have to do is wait until the battery empty, but it takes 1-2 days guys pls help me.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: how to reboot when screen hang and without using power button

If your phone hangs then I would look to do a hard reset.
As for switching the phone off without the power button, there isn't a way as far as I know.
Personally with the power button broken I think you're flogging a 'dead horse' with your phone.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

If your phone hangs then I would look to do a hard reset.
As for switching the phone off without the power button, there isn't a way as far as I know.
Personally with the power button broken I think you're flogging a 'dead horse' with your phone.

Nope, all is not lost and you can use the power button. just depends how it's broken.

OP, Just imagine that you turning your phone off, press down the button pretty hard for 40 seconds and swipe down the screen. I had a similar issue pre-portico with my L920.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Well the OP does say they can't use it and they are unable to soft reset the phone, so I am assuming that it is totally broken.

Best not always assume :) there are always work arounds providing you have the tools and knowledge ;).

How do you think, repair shops fix these sort of issues :winktongue:.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

Best not always assume :) there are always work arounds providing you have the tools and knowledge ;).
But you cannot force a broken power button to turn off? Regardless of knowledge!

How do you think, repair shops fix these sort of issues
By replacing the microswitch for the power button...

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site

I have had the same problem several times since upgrading to W10M. The power button, which seems to be not working, does work actually. Just press it and hold for a few seconds until the screen goes blank and restarts after a short vibration. Else remove the battery if it's removable.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

Ok, I'm not sure how holding a broken power in for longer can make it work.
My understanding of the OP's problem is that there are two problems, a phone that hangs periodically and a faulty power button.
Any how this is all a bit irrelevant unless the OP joins the forum and gives a bit more info.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Ok, I'm not sure how holding a broken power in for longer can make it work.
My understanding of the OP's problem is that there are two problems, a phone that hangs periodically and a faulty power button.
Any how this is all a bit irrelevant unless the OP joins the forum and gives a bit more info.

Yup, it is irrelevant to discuss this any further without any input from the OP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk