What is a good memory card for my Lumia 730?

Abhishek Gupta1689

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 730 Memory card options!!!

I am gonna buy a memory card for my new Lumia 730 when I buy it.
Nokia site says, only micro sd card support..

Will the Lumia 730 support Micro SDHC cards also ?? I mean the cards like SDHC class10 or UHC-1 be supported ???

Anyway, Please suggest me an awesome memory card for this device. I dont want any performance lag..

P.S Currently planning for the samsung EVO 16 gb class 10 card SDHC

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 730 Memory card options!!!

I am gonna buy a memory card for my new Lumia 730 when I buy it.
Nokia site says, only micro sd card support..

Will the Lumia 730 support Micro SDHC cards also ?? I mean the cards like SDHC class10 or UHC-1 be supported ???

Anyway, Please suggest me an awesome memory card for this device. I dont want any performance lag..

P.S Currently planning for the samsung EVO 16 gb class 10 card SDHC
All I know is that 128 gb is supported

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

All current Micro SD card standards are supported by windows phone. SDHC stands for "high capacity" so an SD card that is 16gb or 32gb will be SDHC. SDXC stands for "extreme or extended capacity", any SD card that is 64gb or 128gb will be SDXC, which is also supported by windows phone.

Any class 10 card from a reputable manufacturer (Sandisk, Sony, Samsung, Transcend... Etc) should work without any issues. Make sure to buy from a reputable retailer also, as there are many fake SD cards on the market.

If you want to install apps to the card it is recommended to be at least class 10, otherwise apps will be slow to load.

Abhishek Gupta1689

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site

All current Micro SD card standards are supported by windows phone. SDHC stands for "high capacity" so an SD card that is 16gb or 32gb will be SDHC. SDXC stands for "extreme or extended capacity", any SD card that is 64gb or 128gb will be SDXC, which is also supported by windows phone.

Any class 10 card from a reputable manufacturer (Sandisk, Sony, Samsung, Transcend... Etc) should work without any issues. Make sure to buy from a reputable retailer also, as there are many fake SD cards on the market.

If you want to install apps to the card it is recommended to be at least class 10, otherwise apps will be slow to load.

Thank You for your reply..
I thought class 10 is the max. IS there a higher class ?
Also, according to ur explanation, will the samsung 16 gb evo class 10 be worth it ??
if not, pls suggest me a good one, As I have lil knowledge regarding these

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

Thank You for your reply..
I thought class 10 is the max. IS there a higher class ?
Also, according to ur explanation, will the samsung 16 gb evo class 10 be worth it ??
if not, pls suggest me a good one, As I have lil knowledge regarding these

Sorry, it was poorly worded, Class 10 is the fastest, but it is the minimum required to ensure that apps will run smoothly. Class 6 may work ok, but it isn't as consistent across the many variations of cards.

The card you have chosen should work without any issues.

Abhishek Gupta1689

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site

ok..
I have read about the UHS thing. Does the Lumia support the UHS cards also.. i mean the MICRO SD UHS Class 1 or higher..
Does it support , also is it really needed ?

RichardBurt

Banned
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

ok..
I have read about the UHS thing. Does the Lumia support the UHS cards also.. i mean the MICRO SD UHS Class 1 or higher..
Does it support , also is it really needed ?

Give a man a fish and he can feed himself.
Teach a man to fish and he can feed his family.
Tell a man to use Bing / Google Search and he can find his own answers.....

Last edited:

Abhishek Gupta1689

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site

The thing is, UHS needs some other voltage requirement and stuff( confusing, i read it smwhere).
And in lumia 730 specs, its nowhere mentioned, what it can handle.
I understand it can handle SDHC and SDXC cards now.
But can it also handle the new technology UHS cards. thats the question.?
After reading it all, i dont think its needed, but can the device support it ?

RichardBurt

Banned
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

So the specifications for the Lumia 730 makes no mention AT ALL about UHS cards and you STILL ask if UHS cards are supported by the 730.

What do you think the official answer is then????????

Abhishek Gupta1689

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site

i dont want an official answer. there are many lumias on which the same is mentioned.
if they can use it, so can lumia 730.
so i just wanna know if it works in lumia phones of this range

Hoekie

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

Wrong search engine ;) Tell a man to use BING Search and he can find his own answers.....

Etios

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

Just get the Samsung EVO class 10 dude, works excellent with good random access speeds necessary for good app/game performance. If that is not available then second choice should be Sandisk class 10.

Gm Shree Srithar

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Latest Lumia Windows Phone 8 update provides card support up to 128 GB. For optimal performance, we recommend a fast 4?128 GB microSD card by a well-known manufacturer. If you get a good deal you might try super cards like Toshiba Exeria, Samsung Pro, Sandisk Extreme Pro or Lexar 600x series. Good performance selection might also be Samsung UHS-I, Toshiba UHS-I, Sandisk UHS-I and Lexar?s 300x series or even Sandisk Class 4 cards.

Note this is from Nokia official site :cool:

vineet_vpns12

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
SanDisk Extreme pro 16Gb ₹1999/- @flipkart.
(don't bombard on me, saying I'm promoting flipkart)
Its very fast and extremely good for basic users like us.

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Actually people have reported problems using the SanDisk cards in Nokia phones (search the forums here), myself included. Even tried two different ones.

:)
Fred

SanDisk Extreme pro 16Gb ₹1999/- @flipkart.
(don't bombard on me, saying I'm promoting flipkart)
Its very fast and extremely good for basic users like us.

KCNA

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Using a Strontium Nitro 64GB UHS-I 566X MICRO SD CARD (CLASS 10) without any issues. Even hd quality videos stored in the card plays without any stutter.

muralidharan lumino

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Hope I have landed the correct thread this time. Yeah me too searching for the answers of finding the best msd card for my L730. Still I couldn't get a nice answers or solutions. But here I got the answers. Now my question is I m planning to go for strontium card (16gb). Is it ok?
Strontium 16GB 65MB/S (Class10) 433X Nitro Micro SD Card UHS-1

Nirwiz

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
class 10 and UHS-1 are equivalent in terms of speed you can for it .
Bit off topic ,I also own a 730 ,do you feel the headphone jack is bit loose it easily comes off,do you here the HISS sound when music is not being played and headphones are connected and the quality of sound isn`t HD

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans