Just Purchased a 735 RM 1039!

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I just could not wait for the Lumia 640 from T-Mobile so I purchase a B&H Photo model.

Is there anything I need to do other then to sync with Microsoft Apps Store when I get it?
I have already a 521 that I used before so I got everything setup to use on the 521!

I just hope that the 735 will be much faster then the 521 was. I currently using iPhone 5C and like it a lot but I wanted to make a change again and go back to Windows for the time being just to get a change of pace again. I guess then I can talks about 735 and Windows Phone again here! LOL!

I guess have to get a nano to micro sims adopter too. They are pricey at the malls and electronics stores - $12-$15! Don't trust the eBay ones for a penny! I think I going to take it to me local T-Mobile store and have them log it the system and then do the nano to micro adopter if they do such a thing?? If not; then I have to take it to the mall store to swap it out!
I do have also a micro size sims card too but I want to be able to switch phones any time I like so I going to go the adopter route!

Any advise for me to save time would be appreciated.

Steven Penner

May 29, 2014
Visit site
The L735 is a big step up from the L521. If you have your 521 set to backup everything, then all you need to do is log into your new 735 with the same MS account and wait for maybe an hour to have everything automatically get set up just like your 521. I'd recommend getting a good microSD card (class 10) if you don't already have one.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Steven Penner,

I think the 521 was backup before I switched phones; but I will power it up again and do another back it up just to make sure before I sync the 735!

Thanks for the advise!

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
On the 521; I upgraded all the apps and WP 8.1 today! It took about 2.5 hours to do! It seems faster then before? Should of done that before buying the 735? We will see; it coming tomorrow!

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Just got my Lumia 735 from Fed Ex today! I order a Cyan battery cover and glass film screen protector too. All came before the 735! the cover fitted perfect but the glass screen protector was narrow and the edges did not stick to the glass.

Took about 3 hours to update the operating system!

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
After spending half a day with the most recent update 8.1.1; I find that the 735 is very slow; especially loading Wall Street Journal website and waiting for articles to get done loading.

Not sure why but even other newspaper websites are slow too.

I even cleared all the previous suspended websites but did not make a difference.

I think now my 521 is faster then the 735.

I like how thin the 735 is and it great for the front pocket but speed stinks!

Marcos Buccella

May 31, 2014
Visit site
That's not normal. Maybe it's a software problem. You can try a recovery using the Windows Phone Software recovery tool from MS to reinstall the OS.

Steven Penner

May 29, 2014
Visit site
After spending half a day with the most recent update 8.1.1; I find that the 735 is very slow; especially loading Wall Street Journal website and waiting for articles to get done loading.

Not sure why but even other newspaper websites are slow too.

I even cleared all the previous suspended websites but did not make a difference.

I think now my 521 is faster then the 735.

I like how thin the 735 is and it great for the front pocket but speed stinks!

The L735 is a much better device than the L521 (I made that upgrade 6 months ago). There is something wrong with your setup. Maybe you have a bad/slow SD card? Check all your settings as well. If all that fails, then maybe a reset like Marcos suggested is the way to go.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions!

Right now I still playing around with it; but in a few days I will try to fix it maybe with a hardware reset?

Don't know anything about WP tool but I Bing it and see what that is.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Okay; I had my Lumia 735 for about a week and some days and after all the updates; it seems to have settle down and now is much faster then it was during the upgrading the OS. So right now I getting use to having again pin icons. Do miss the Starbucks app and about a half a dozen others but I still am using the 735! Love the screen and form factor; it very close to the iPhone 6!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes