Lumia 800 Issues

icenode

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
First, I like a lot about this phone. The keyboard suggestions and live tiles especially, also Outlook totally owns compared to Blackberries (it is for work). Some things annoy me enough to think of taking it back though.

- Touch accuracy is broken. In Outlook, RSS, Twitter, Facebook, often it will open totally the wrong item or tap when I was blatantly scrolling, not a problem on the iPhone.
- The keyboard won't fix obvious mistakes like ut/it and others.
- Battery barely lasts a day. Maybe it's just warming up.
- It should really let you pin tiles to toggle WiFi etc.
- Sometimes the keyboard just vanishes in various apps and you have to restart the app or switch fields to bring it back.
- It just generally feels both modern but rough, even though mayo is meant to have fixed a lot.

Is this the same for others or just my model? I want to find out soon so I still have time to return it.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Last edited:
M

mkr10001

First, I like a lot about this phone. The keyboard suggestions and live tiles especially, also Outlook totally owns compared to Blackberfies. Some things annoy me enough to think of taking it back though.

- Touch accuracy is broken. In Outlook, RSS, Twitter, Facebook, often it will open totally the wrong item.
- The keyboard won't fix obvious mistakes like ut/it and others.
- Battery barely lasts a day. Maybe it's just warming up.
- It should really let you pin tiles to toggle WiFi etc.
- Sonrtimes the keyboard just canushes in various apps and you have to restart the app or switch fields to bring it back.

My battery is also quite poor, as are a few people's over on nokia discussions.

There is an app in the marketplace called Toggle which allows you to pin wifi, data, bluetooth, airplane mode to the start screen

icenode

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Shame about the battery. I also bought ut from Carphone warehouse who don't do change of mind returns. They do faulty refunds though and the screen definitely feels line that to me. :(

sloppy standard

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
My battery is *ok*. It lasts a full day and then some, which is better than my HTC Desire ever did. Intuitive text could be better; I miss my Android "SwiftKey" app...but no, I haven't had any real problems with the keyboard, other than wishing it filled the screen in panorama.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
My battery is *ok*. It lasts a full day and then some, which is better than my HTC Desire ever did. Intuitive text could be better; I miss my Android "SwiftKey" app...but no, I haven't had any real problems with the keyboard, other than wishing it filled the screen in panorama.

swiftkey before or after the recent update? I find it harder to use recently :( Moto atrix and HTC Inspire (also Vivid, though that one is NOT mine). I *think* HTC has extremely sensitive touch screens, since even my finger hovering over the display has accidentally triggered some touches before :excl:

icenode

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the comments guys. Anyone else having touch screen inaccuracies? No idea if opening the wrong item is hardware or apps that need fixing, hopefully the latter. It will sometimes go it repeatedly though, very annoying.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the comments guys. Anyone else having touch screen inaccuracies? No idea if opening the wrong item is hardware or apps that need fixing, hopefully the latter. It will sometimes go it repeatedly though, very annoying.

It definitely sounds like the handset is faulty. The Lumia I played with in store was bang on. It passed my speed typing test with flying colours.

lemonsteveo

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I've just tested out a Lumia in the store today and noticed it does have some weird touch screen issues. Not sure if it's a fault with the display model, but when I tried to scroll up and down quickly on the start screen it feels kinda weird. I don't think you can call it jerky, but it seems to "stick" and not scroll smoothly with the finger. I am using a Optimus 7 at the moment and to me it is buttery smooth compared to the Nokia. Anyone have any idea about this issue?

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I have 4 sat on my desk right now, just wish I knew they had different bloody SIMs to standard sims. Now I have to go through some pulaver trying to get the standard SIM swapped with the Micro SIM.

The ones I powered up though seemed perfectly fine though, I did not notice any problems very responsive.

I can also vouch for the I am a WP7 function as mentioned earlier for some of your tiles, but I would probably recommend "connectivity shortcuts" as I found the tile with I am WP7 went into the app then back out into the WiFi bit.

RyanR47

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
The prb is not with responsiveness. Its extremely fast, but it misinterprets user input. While scrolling it will open app; i have that issue..

Iso while on call the screen will go blank, and i dont have the option to end call. Anyone else having the same problem?

lemonsteveo

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
The prb is not with responsiveness. Its extremely fast, but it misinterprets user input. While scrolling it will open app; i have that issue..

Iso while on call the screen will go blank, and i dont have the option to end call. Anyone else having the same problem?

Damn, that is so disappointing, I hope they can fix it with an update. I guess that narrows my choice to the Titan, who tests these phones anyway? Monkeys?

AkiraNakayama

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Bringing this thread back from the dead.

I just got a Lumia 800 not too long ago and I love it--- save for a few small things. (Pentile display, stupid fragile usb cover, poor battery life with slow recharge, ****e camera.) I, too, have been experiencing the scrolling issue. It seems to scroll without hiccups just fine, no lagging or jumping. But it does seem to register a tap when I am actually scrolling AND it'll zoom in and out at random when I am just scrolling (with one finger, no less!)

Are more people experiencing this problem?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I wonder if the screen issues are because of the curved screen. I had similar issues with my Dell venue pro especially when browsing, would sometimes register a tap when trying to scroll. Put me off curved screens, tbh and why I'm glad the 900 screen is flat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes