Lumia 810 - EOL - What about Firmware updates?

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
ehmmm I deff got an update today for my 810 reminded me of when I updated my phone to Amber...at first I thought it was Black, but when after it restarted and I checked under extra+info it still comes out as Lumia Amber :/

has anyone else received this?

the HTC 8X people on T-Mobile are saying they got a similar update as well.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Not a new update

Update 2

OS version: 8.0.10327.77 or 8.0.10328.78**

Google accounts. Windows Phone 8 now supports the CardDAV and CalDAV protocols that allow people to sync Google contacts and calendar information when they get new phones. (Existing phones that are synced to a Google account prior to December 31, 2013 will continue to sync as before.)

Xbox Music. It's now easier to select, download, and pin music. Plus, music fans will see more accurate metadata (such as song and album information) and many other performance improvements.

FM radio. Listen to FM radio right from the Music+Videos hub. (Not available for all phones I.E Lumia 810 .)

Data Sense. Stay on top of your phone's data usage with Data Sense. You can set a limit based on your data plan, or just keep track of which apps use the most data. (Not all mobile operators offer Data Sense.)

Skype. Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) apps like Lync and Skype now feature improved stability and performance.

Internet Explorer. Several fixes, including improvements to media playback reliability, will make your web browsing experience better than ever.

Camera. Set your favorite Lens so it opens automatically when you press the camera button. (Not available for all phones.)

Other improvements. Includes many other improvements to Windows Phone.

**Your update version number depends on your specific phone model and mobile operator.

SeannyFunco

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Not a new update

Update 2

OS version: 8.0.10327.77 or 8.0.10328.78**

Google accounts. Windows Phone 8 now supports the CardDAV and CalDAV protocols that allow people to sync Google contacts and calendar information when they get new phones. (Existing phones that are synced to a Google account prior to December 31, 2013 will continue to sync as before.)

Xbox Music. It's now easier to select, download, and pin music. Plus, music fans will see more accurate metadata (such as song and album information) and many other performance improvements.

FM radio. Listen to FM radio right from the Music+Videos hub. (Not available for all phones I.E Lumia 810 .)

Data Sense. Stay on top of your phone's data usage with Data Sense. You can set a limit based on your data plan, or just keep track of which apps use the most data. (Not all mobile operators offer Data Sense.)

Skype. Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) apps like Lync and Skype now feature improved stability and performance.

Internet Explorer. Several fixes, including improvements to media playback reliability, will make your web browsing experience better than ever.

Camera. Set your favorite Lens so it opens automatically when you press the camera button. (Not available for all phones.)

Other improvements. Includes many other improvements to Windows Phone.

**Your update version number depends on your specific phone model and mobile operator.

I know what the update contains I just want to know why I got it a second time.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Not a new update

I know what the update contains I just want to know why I got it a second time.

If you got an earlier version of Update 2 it might not have what the later version had -"fixes".
Those who go the later version didn't need tweeking otherwise everyone who got Amber/GDR2 would have got this update and clearly they didn't.
If you remember T Mobile/MS suspended Amber/GRD2 then released it then suspended it. It depends on which version you had. It doesn't "contain" anything new it's just an update like what happened to those of us who have GDR3 -about 3 months later there was a minor OS update like this, a quick 15 min and you're done. Like Nokia Camera or MS Facebook updates nothing changes that can be seen, they're just general "fixes" so it runs smoother.

Last edited:

ablahblah

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone, don't know if these have been posted yet, but after being bummed out about the 810 not getting the Black update, I found some cool things that are still available for our device.

NOKIA CAMERA only requires Amber.
Nokia Camera | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Glance Background (Beta) is available and works on my 810 despite people reporting issues, specifically people with Black oddly enough.
Glance Background | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Lockie is a nice way to add functionality to the lock screen.
Lockie | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

And 8.1 is apparently going to be pushed via the WP8 Developer preview, so we should still be in on 8.1 even though T-Mobile went and kicked us to the curb.
Windows Phone 8.1 – Microsoft quietly sends invites for confidential SDK Dev Preview program | Windows Phone Central

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Can someone with the Lumia 810 + GDR3 preview check whether the latest Glance and Extras+Info update enables lock screen notifications? There have been some reports from 620 users that they can currently see notifications after enabling text and notifications.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Can someone with the Lumia 810 + GDR3 preview check whether the latest Glance and Extras+Info update enables lock screen notifications? There have been some reports from 620 users that they can currently see notifications after enabling text and notifications.

NO. Glance notifications are exclusively a result of Lumia Black, the only place to see notifications on an 810 is lock screen.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes, mine. If you look up Lumia Black and the added features. it's notifications with Glance, that didn't happen with Update 3 because Update 3 (GDR3)
is Microsoft OS and Glance is part of Nokia's firmware.

Well I am aware of the firmware needs, some 620 users have confirmed on today's article and froi francisco for his/her 810 that notifications are working on their 620/810. I guess I will verify it one last time in the evening, thanks!

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Omg! It works! You need to update both extras + info and glance. It did not show up after I opened both. But when I restarted my phone, the option was there on glance! Yahoo! This is the main reason why I wanted Lumia black!
UPDATE: I just tested it, it does show the notifications on glance screen! Sweet! And there's also the choice of night mode color!

Last edited:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Omg! It works! You need to update both extras + info and glance. It did not show up after I opened both. But when I restarted my phone, the option was there on glance! Yahoo! This is the main reason why I wanted Lumia black!
UPDATE: I just tested it, it does show the notifications on glance screen! Sweet! And there's also the choice of night mode color!

Weird, just tested on mine, it doesn't seem to show anything but the clock. Out of curiosity, are you on the GDR3 Preview?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes