08-09-2013 03:08 PM
30 12
tools
    the only way these days is with fiddler. here is the product code for the 521.
    [CODE]RM-917_nam_usa_100[/CODE]
    08-08-2013 07:07 PM
    the only way these days is with fiddler. here is the product code for the 521.
    Code:
    RM-917_nam_usa_100
    http://imageshack.us/a/img844/8915/t273.th.png
    If you have an 810 it still hasn't Wi-Fi calling - I had that app and it doesn't enable Wi-Fi calling on the 810 -UNLESS it was in the update and there is no indication that it did.
    08-08-2013 08:30 PM
    Happy to bend over, but it doesn't do anyting, the site, that is. It's STILL not an app. And it says it doesn't work for my phone.
    You said the app didn't exist no one said it would enable YOUR phone and let you use Wi Fi for calling even TM won't enable it, and what did you expect that Windows Store would make your phone a Wi-Fi calling phone ?

It is an app IF you phone is enabled . What do you call that blue WiFi Calling (app) when it's on your phone and have Wi-Fi calling ? A thing ?
    That app is what's on the 521 and the 925 because they have WiFi calling and yes it doesn't make your 810 phone WiFi enabled
    but it's an app. If T Mobile send a firmware update to your 810 to enable Wi-Fi calling you'll be able to download that app and configure Wi-Fi calling.
    Who said it makes a phone Wi-Fi enabled ? 0
    What does it say inside the red circle ? ( sorry oval)
    wifi-app-copy.png
    Last edited by PB_H; 08-08-2013 at 10:05 PM.
    08-08-2013 08:40 PM
    You said the app didn't exist no one said it would enable YOUR phone and let you use Wi Fi for calling even TM won't enable it, and what did you expect that Windows Store would make your phone a Wi-Fi calling phone ?

It is an app IF you phone is enabled . What do you call that blue WiFi Calling (app) when it's on your phone and have Wi-Fi calling ? A thing ?
    That app is what's on the 521 and the 925 because they have WiFi calling and yes it doesn't make your 810 phone WiFi enabled
    but it's an app. If T Mobile send a firmware update to your 810 to enable Wi-Fi calling you'll be able to download that app and configure Wi-Fi calling.
    Who said it makes a phone Wi-Fi enabled ? 0
    What does it say inside the red circle ? ( sorry oval)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WiFi app - Copy.PNG 
Views:	0 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	39510
    With great effort, I found that site. (The link up there doesn't work, at least for me.) I tried to change my phone to the 521, but MS told me I couldn't do it right now, try later. Anyway, there are two things to keep in mind: It takes the firmware update on only several phones so far to let this work (remember? It's either in the hardware or the firmware?) And then this app lets you access what's in the firmware. Without having it, I would suggest that maybe it turns it on or off, or has other features/choices like most WFC phones. It might also be there in case an upgraded 521 user deletes the tile and wants it back.

But it's still not an app in the original meaning of the word, a program, as they used to be called. There is no program, er, app to enable WFC if the phone hardware or firmware doesn't permit it.
    08-09-2013 12:09 PM
    With great effort, I found that site. (The link up there doesn't work, at least for me.) I tried to change my phone to the 521, but MS told me I couldn't do it right now, try later. Anyway, there are two things to keep in mind: It takes the firmware update on only several phones so far to let this work (remember? It's either in the hardware or the firmware?) And then this app lets you access what's in the firmware. Without having it, I would suggest that maybe it turns it on or off, or has other features/choices like most WFC phones. It might also be there in case an upgraded 521 user deletes the tile and wants it back.

But it's still not an app in the original meaning of the word, a program, as they used to be called. There is no program, er, app to enable WFC if the phone hardware or firmware doesn't permit it.
    Correct but with that application and it is an application you wouldn't be able to (if your phone was Wi-Fi enabled) configure Wi-Fi calling and wouldn't be able to use it with any certainty, so in that case it is an application because it's the switch that allows Wi-Fi calling (if your phone is enabled ) and it's an application in the true sense of the word but maybe not in the familiar sense of the word.
    App (short for application) The act of putting something (i.e. a Wi-Fi enabled phone) to a special use or purpose.
    If you read back -at least my posts I never said that it would enable a phone for Wi-Fi calling that wasn't enabled with a firmware update.
    08-09-2013 03:08 PM
30 12