Did hard reset after GRD2, now it's gone!

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I downloaded the amber/grd2 update yesterday and everything went smoothly. I did a hard reset today as battery life after the update has been atrocious. Well, all is done with the reset and...none of the features from gdr2/amber are here except data sense and the clearing of temp files! The is version does indeed say 10327 but it no longer says 'Amber' on the extras&info page (I think that's where it was). No glance, no flip to silence, no double tap, no screen color temp adjustments...kinda panicking here...please help!

iop777

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
You'll have to update the Nokia system apps from the store like extras+info and display+touch, the hard reset cleared those updates.

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, yeah I kinda stumbled onto this. But I can't find those apps from the store. I tried logging into windowsphone.com and tried pushing them to my phone but that's not working. Any ideas?

Robert Novak1

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
unless you flash the rom to your phone, the update is done to the image that is on the internal ram. try using the nokia tool to flash your device

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Ah, the flashing...i have been reading of this, bit have no idea how to go about this. I will try to look around on how to go about this, but do you have any tips or steps you can help me with? Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

markdotinc

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Ah, the flashing...i have been reading of this, bit have no idea how to go about this. I will try to look around on how to go about this, but do you have any tips or steps you can help me with? Any suggestions will be much appreciated.
If you know how to torrent, and someone's still seeding, it should be nice and straightforward. Just install NSU, and hook up your phone

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Well after restoring the Nokia updates and gdr2, my battery life has been horrendous. Even w data off, nothing running in background, my battery can be dead in less than 5 hours. Tried draining battery, hard resets, etc. Someone suggested flashing the software but I am curious as to the benefits of doing so. And I have no idea how torrent or any of that works. If there are benefits, could someone walk me through flashing the software? Is this my only option? Thanks guys, really appreciate it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes