Seriously drawn...

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
So, I've been scouting through various websites trying to find deals... It makes me want a Lumia 820 all the more. My problem is though... I'm on ?25/mth (my bill before was ?20/mth), on a one-month rolling contract. My mum didn't take too kindly to that but she's said "No more technology until you get a job" because I apparently can't afford it... So, how do I get round this (btw, she's got an iPhone 4 herself, and does look at all the mobile tech herself)? Of course, there is also the case of if I do go for the way I'm thinking of, it is the first time I'll be signing a contract longer than 12 months (I did sign a 12mth one with O2 before, but I wasn't sold the advertised product and Customer Services wouldn't help me, so I left and moved to Orange), and it'll be for an expensive ?30-34/mth with free phone. However, my insurance with TESCO will be ?5.99/mth less than it would be with Carphone Warehouse...

Nokia Pay Monthly Contract Mobile Phones - Tesco Phone Shop

You'll need to select Network = Three and Model = Lumia 820... I CANNOT get the links working properly for TESCO Mobile. It will cost me ?379.95 on Carphone Warehouse to buy it outright... Insurance on the new device... from TESCO it's ?8/mth, with CPW it's ?13.99/mth, plus the TESCO one covers loss while the CPW one doesn't.

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
From what you have said before insurance that covers loss might be best.

It might be worth checking if you have any cover under the home insurance policy and to also check out insurance fo mobiles online, they might be cheaper.

PS. Got my 820 yesterday and have barely put it down since :D

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
From what you have said before insurance that covers loss might be best.

It might be worth checking if you have any cover under the home insurance policy and to also check out insurance fo mobiles online, they might be cheaper.

PS. Got my 820 yesterday and have barely put it down since :D

Interestingly enough, the insurance on my current HTC doesn't cover loss. But yeah, it sounds like it would come in handy... Never had to claim for it though, as fortunately I have tracking systems in place on my HTC, and as my new phone likely won't be tethering... it does seem like it'll do a nice job. Maybe if I convinced my mum overall it's ?2/mth more... Plus because it's a Nokia it'll withstand my rages quite nicely... especially once I put one of those "ActiveShell" cases on! I'll throw it at a wall and it'll ricochet back and knock me out, causing me to take more damage than the Nokia!

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
LOL perhaps life insurance is needed too!

An extra ?2 a month doesn't sound like it will break the bank, be especially nice to Mum and she might give in....

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
LOL perhaps life insurance is needed too!

An extra ?2 a month doesn't sound like it will break the bank, be especially nice to Mum and she might give in....

Here's the thing, I seem to have more than ?2 spare lying around each month. Heck, I could even sort it now. The only problem is the ?30/mth deal lacks tethering, and I also lose 75% of my minutes, but as I never touch them anyway, that's no big deal. I think I use 50 minutes a month at most... it's the lack of tethering that could become the issue... But that's the thing, I can deal with it... all my devices are able to connect to my home network and the uni has free WiFi anyhow... Plus, it'll increase the battery tenfold! The One Plan is ?4 extra a month, so ?6/mth more than what I currently pay (well, ?6.01 more technically, but I round up my costs to the nearest pound for simplicity). Is it worth the extra ?4 just for tethering though?

Of course, this is all worked out on the basis that my insurance is still ?10.99/mth, although insurance prices have gone up to ?13.99 now... if mine has risen to ?13.99 as a result it actually works out ?1/mth cheaper overall!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes