Battery life is fairly crappy

Morq

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I did not had a chance to test the battery life yet on mine, but there's a ss from todays morning, might not add much but kinda fits the topic :)

313585_10151330969712764_1876242751_n.jpg

Luiskp

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have now 1 week and 3 days of using the phone.

The batt is by now below from my old phone a SE XMP.

I love my WP but the batt of my L820 is far from average :(

Waiting for improve in coming weeks.

I have:
Facebook,
1 email account syns as arrive
3G enable
2 Live tiles
All the rest is of, as wifi, BT, nfc, maps

Morq

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
WP8 in contradiction to WP7.5 does not frezee applications that work in the background, which means they eat a lot more juice than they would on older wp.
To see what apps are running at the given time press and hold the "back arrow".
To close them nasty battery muncher press and hold back arrow, select program you want to shut down, and while in it keep pressing back arrow until you get moved back to phone's menu.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Could you specify what exactly is wrong?
I got my info form here: source
Sorry I completely misread your comment. I thought you were saying all apps in WP8 aren't suspended in memory when you press the start button but keep running. I didn't realise you were talking about apps that were allowed to run in the background like skype or Nokia Drive. My apologies.

adamski777

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
in my case the battery life depends on whether im in a good mobile area reception or not. in my office its a 1-2 bar signal and burns battery fast (did this with my old iphone 4s as well), but at home where i get 5 bars i can get 2 days out of it over the weekend. also noticed that whatsapp (yes i know its meant for wp7 but i need it) burns battery.

Terbo38

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Have my 820 for 2 weeks now. Was in country vic this past week and while I was there there was very poor cell coverage (about 1 bar if I was lucky) the battery didn't last 1 whole day. Looking at the battery settings it was 100% and indicating 8 hours estimated time remaining. When I got back home charged the battery that night , before I went to bed took it off charge and the next morning it showed 84% and 2 days and 4 hours estimated time remaining.
Hope nokia knows about this issue and put out a fix for it

Morq

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Is that an issue? The estimated time remaining is approximation of battery life left versus avg battery usage over some given time. It cannot predict the future, just tries to guess how long it will last.

Terbo38

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
The 8 hours estimated on 100% battery was pretty accurate as overnight the battery had drained. Getting back to civilisation he battery is now lasting for more than a day. So I think there is an issue with the software

Andy M

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
You may be right about the software issue. I used to have a Nokia N95 8GB and its signal level at my home was always 5 bars, but my new Lumia 820 only shows 2 or 3 bars and if I leave it overnight the battery sometimes drains by around 25%.

Something that I have noticed when installing apps is that a majority of them will not install unless you allow the app to access location data. Until now I have had location data turned on but I am going to trial the battery life with it turned off. I am also trying to minimise the number of apps that use or need a data connection. Every little bit helps, and turning on the battery saver helps when the battery is low too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac