Using Tap&Send (NFC) to trigger a location-based profile

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Recently I bought several NFC tags from ebay for my 820. I have been using the tags to trigger a location-based profile like turn off the Wifi when I leave home and turn on the WiFi when I reach home. I downloaded this app called EasyTag to write on the NFG tags. It has been working great and I found that enabling the tap&send function does not consume too much battery compared to enabling the 3G.
Just want to share this. I see tremendous application for the NFC features.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
With NFC apps you can write instructions to a blank tag. It is not redundant. It is instructions to perform specific steps.

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
True, a little redundant but you save some steps like swipe to right, then find setting ---> wifi. With NFC, it prompts you straight to open the WiFi setting.

It can be used to log the day you go to gym like FitTap. Unfortunately, the app seems unable to recognize my NFC tag.

I wish you tapped it on, and tapped it off. It seems redundant otherwise.

lnsertName

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I would love it if in the future, I could tap a tag and switch off 3G, turn on wifi, etc for different scenarios.

Right now though, data toggles pinned are much more functional than tapping and switching.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar