Lumia 820 matte back shell in different colors?

Huim

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

I'm new with my last purchase: a black Nokia Lumia 820. I love black phones, but as "This is Lumia" I would like to buy another back shell in some brigh color (red or yellow, for example). I've seen that Nokia sells official ones, but I don't like the glossy style of the plastic, I don't want my phone to be plenty of fingerprints.

So I want a mate case!

But all the official normal back shells are glossy (except the black) and if you want a mate case you must buy the wireless charching shell which I've seen that increases 1mm the thickness of the phone. Is it perceptible or is just a bit and you don't realise? :S

Also I've seen that there another type of case: the Nokia protective cover for Lumia 820. There's no much reviews of it so I don't know if the colos are mate or also glossy. Can anyone tell me? Do you know if that cover fits as well as the original one or it increases the size and the height like the wireless charging shell?

Or... as last option... is there some not official back case which fits my requirements (bright mate color and no so much thicker)?

Thank you in advantage :) :wink:

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome aboard to WP central, it great you got your self a nice 820 I have a 822 and love it, the wireless charger back cover your right you can't tell the difference between original. Almost all covers you get will work fine.as far as color backs I can't help there just look around.

Henry Lolsen

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
The white, red and yellow come in w/c and glossy variants. Some countries sold 820s with the w/c shell as standard, some with the glossy. In the UK we have all the w/c colours on Amazon but the glossy ones have only recently been added. If only they advertised them as 'slim line' instead of 'glossy' they might get more custom. All w/c shells are matt, as are the protective shells. I hear tell of a black and a grey official matt shell option around, but with no w/c feature. Not seen those, they may never have been released in the UK (like the orange protective shell?).

If you have a w/c shell, and you don't use QI charging, it could well be that you would find another shell better suited.

PS. The protective shell is really classy. Loving my Hulk phone.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Got a red wireless charger back cover for my 820 and it fits just like the origninal black cover. No thicker, no thinner. Looking for a yellow now.

engineermoore

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

I'm new with my last purchase: a black Nokia Lumia 820. I love black phones, but as "This is Lumia" I would like to buy another back shell in some brigh color (red or yellow, for example). I've seen that Nokia sells official ones, but I don't like the glossy style of the plastic, I don't want my phone to be plenty of fingerprints.

So I want a mate case!

But all the official normal back shells are glossy (except the black) and if you want a mate case you must buy the wireless charching shell which I've seen that increases 1mm the thickness of the phone. Is it perceptible or is just a bit and you don't realise? :S

Also I've seen that there another type of case: the Nokia protective cover for Lumia 820. There's no much reviews of it so I don't know if the colos are mate or also glossy. Can anyone tell me? Do you know if that cover fits as well as the original one or it increases the size and the height like the wireless charging shell?

Or... as last option... is there some not official back case which fits my requirements (bright mate color and no so much thicker)?

Thank you in advantage :) :wink:

As i'm from the UK my Lumia 820 came with the wireless charging shell as standard. I now have the protective shell (I uploaded pictures to the review that someone linked here). It is matte and I do think it feels different. This may be total bull****, but I think it feels a little less "rounded" at the edges, Perhaps a tad lighter, but I can't notice any difference in the thickness of the phone. Hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes