Cacolaco

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else's 822 have a rattle? Mine has a distinct rattle in the camera area, and I can hear the "click click click" when walking around while on the phone, or setting my phone down...

Steephill

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
When I take off my back cover the little pins that connect to the back cover for NFC and Wireless charging rattle, but if my cover is firmly on I dont have a problem at all. I'd make sure your back cover is securely on.

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I had a small rattle in my first 822 and I had to swap for a new one due to camera issue and the new one has the same rattle.
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

dsweet90

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the rattle also, its the Verizon sim card bay. This is how i found out...Open the phone, remove the battery, hold the bay with your thumb, and give the phone a shake. You shouldn't notice any rattling. As for a fix idk but at least it's nothing major.

Cacolaco

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
You hit the nail on the head, Steephill. I fail at troubleshooting 101. Should have looked more carefully before posting. I didn't have the back off since the Verizon rep messed with it. (considering he switched up my wife's and my sim cards accidentally, I should have checked it over more carefully underneath the protective cover...).

Thanks for the responses, guys! Love this phone so far. Best phone to type on I've ever had.

keiranderson

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the phone with Verizon right now with the same issue on my 822, verizon is being great and taking care of everything. It was between the 822 and the new HTC DNA, so the 822 goes back and the DNA will be here in two days, sorry Nokia/Windows.

db4williams

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
No rattle for me. BUT, there is some buzzing when the phone vibrates. A little annoying but definitely not worth sending it back for a whole new phone.

ryknown

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Every Nokia 822 I have picked up has this rattle. I have had three Nokia 822 phones and visited two Verizon stores where their sample 822 phones all had the same rattle. The Verizon reps also verified they could hear the noise.

I'm glad to hear that there are some phones out there without this problem since Verizon's solution is to continue sending me replacement 822 phones until I get one that does not rattle. I really like the phone. Verizon has offered me the option of getting another phone on their network, which is nice, but I'd prefer this phone over their other options.

I have removed the battery, back cover, sim card, memory card and placed my finger on the card holders to secure them while lightly shaking the phone, the noise is still there... So, is it the card holders moving that produces the noise?

Anyone else have this problem?

Katie Chisholm

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
hey i just had this problem with my phone and it was irritating me sooo much! i was about done with this phone! -my first one got caught in a boot loop and this one i thought was going to rattle forever! it is the sim tray and somehow it got loose. i took the tray out put it back in, put the battery back in, and i pulled the sim tray down w my nail-and it worked! i do not hear any more rattling at least for now!
thought id post to save some of yall's sanity!

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else's 822 have a rattle? Mine has a distinct rattle in the camera area, and I can hear the "click click click" when walking around while on the phone, or setting my phone down...

There isn't anything wrong with the phone, don't worry about it. I know these devices are so cool we strive for perfection in them, but they all have their little flaws and this is one of them for the 822 in general.

ozzman0830

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Rattle you may perceive is one (or more) of three things: The sim card rattles in its tray (people are referring to the "camera rattle"), the contacts for the wireless charging, or the power button. The first one can be taken care of by sliding the sim card out and placing a piece of paper on top of it an re-inserting it. The second rattle can be fixed with a bit of paper over the contacts as you reinstall the cover, and the third is either one you have to live with, or you can get a phone cover that stops the vibration. My phone had all three rattles and is now perfectly silent with these three remedies. Hope this helps! :grin:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Mine hadn't rattled before, but it started a few weeks ago. I've got a piece of post-it note on the sim, a couple layers of post-it note over the pins for the wireless charging, and the phone is in the Trident Aegis, and it still rattles. Somewhere up near the top right side (facing the screen) is the best I can tell. It only bugs me some of the time, but still....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes