Touch issues after update on Monday 1/27/14

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
ever since I updated my OS to 8.0.10328.78 (not Black) just this past Monday night, I have noticed some dead areas on my touch screen.

the "+" button on the bottom of the messaging screen doesnt work

also, the E, R, and X keys don't work on the on screen keyboard

those specific areas of the screen don't work while in any other app or on the home screen either. I tried a hard reset and it didn't help.

Anyone else noticed this? and I wish there was a screen calibration tool or something.

Last edited:

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that's bizarre. Have you contacted Nokia yet?

I chatted with their support on twitter. Per their request, I'm currently trying the Nokia Software Recovery tool. If this doesn't work, I will have to send it back to them. Luckily I'm still under warranty, and have already sent one 822 in previously so I'm experienced haha.

I also tried updating to the developer preview, but the touch issues still occured so I'm not sure what is wrong.

The weird part is I used the phone for a day after getting that original 8.0.10328.78 update Monday night, and it was fine. I do believe I turned it off for the first time last night though, and this morning is when the problems started, so I'm not sure if powering on/off did anything.

The only other thing I can think of is that it has been about 0 degrees outside where I am and I have to walk to class, so maybe the cold temperatures did something?

gahh I don't know, I just want it fixed lol!

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Ended up just shipping it to Nokia today. Was hoping it would sort itself out, but when it didn't by this afternoon I decided to just get a replacement since I am still under warranty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon