Exchanges at Microsoft Store?

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
So, I am the proud owner of a new 830 today. I have a 1520 as my daily driver, but I wanted a secondary phone (confession: I actually have a 635, too...).

Well, I got home and was ready to put on my screen protector when I noticed that the top part of the aluminum frame already was scratched! Very small, but I just paid $450 for this and am a little bummed. Can't play with it tonight now.

Do any of you have experience with phone exchanges at a Microsoft store? Will they swap out for a cosmetic defect? Thanks in advance.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
So, I am the proud owner of a new 830 today. I have a 1520 as my daily driver, but I wanted a secondary phone (confession: I actually have a 635, too...).

Well, I got home and was ready to put on my screen protector when I noticed that the top part of the aluminum frame already was scratched! Very small, but I just paid $450 for this and am a little bummed. Can't play with it tonight now.

Do any of you have experience with phone exchanges at a Microsoft store? Will they swap out for a cosmetic defect? Thanks in advance.

Yes, they will. I recently swapped mine out because of a cosmetic defect at a DC area Microsoft Store a day after purchasing it. Just make sure you have your receipt. They didn't give me any trouble.

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Yes, I went back to the Dallas store and they did a quick swap. :)

If you are in the area, get helped by Gustavo. Awesome associate there.

wynand32

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Note that they have a 30-day return policy, so really they'll swap out for any reason. You could always just return and rebuy, so they have no reason to refuse to swap.

Basiluzzo

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Yes, I went back to the Dallas store and they did a quick swap. :)

If you are in the area, get helped by Gustavo. Awesome associate there.

I bought my L830 in the Orlando Microsoft store, and they were great. I find the sales help in AT&T stores to be really hit or miss, which is why I chose to go to the Microsoft store. I was on a business trip when I bought the phone, and since returning home to San Diego have visited the Microsoft store here - really good service there, too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon