Lumia 830 - Screen coming off

Narciso Neto

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
HI all, I've just got my Lumia 830 from the box and I noticed that the top of the glass is coming off, its not fit.
It comes back when I push it down, but minutes after its off again (like if there's not enough adhesive to keep glass and chassis together).
I want to know if there's anyone else with this problem and if yes, if you found a solution for that because I don't want to send my new phone to customer service cause I already sold my old 720... :\

EDIT: I've found a picture that pretty much exemplifies my problem
WP_20141007_18_29_15_Pro_zps3c5e6264.jpg

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
U better go to the customer service.because anything u try may void warranty and its brand new so ur prob will be solved as fastly as they can

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
U better go to the customer service.because anything u try may void warranty and its brand new so ur prob will be solved as fastly as they can.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
This is defenitly a "defect" and would strongly recommend to get a replacement. If you try to repair it by yourself and damage it you loose your warranty.
If you still want to repair it yourself, which I do not recommend, check some YouTube video's how to disassemble the 830.

correctscore

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
piece of **** lumia mine too came off... the first phone the M1 shop (1 of the 3 Singapore's telcos) unboxed has a plastic flab under the screen, so she changed into this for me... then as i have been waiting for 1.5hrs already... just did a quick visual check

end up with another lemon product: camera can't launch and ended up bringing to the solution centre just one day after purchase

WTF: 2 issues for my luma 830 and 1 for 930 already

go to this web >> discussions.nokia.com/t5/Pictures-and-Videos/Camera-Problem-on-lumia-830/m-p/3030729#M14239

ejazrasool

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
Same thing happening with my newly bought Lumia 930. Pretty disappointing for a flagship phone. Shame to have such basic defect on an awesome phone otherwise. I'll return it to the service center before my warranty voids and get scammed probably.

Tomi Fiser

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi, i have seen many of you had that kind of problem so here is the DIY solution:
1. Buy universal superglue
2. Stick it in the corner of the phone (use a little bit of it because the top corner: left or right doesen`t matter because top and the bottom corners doesen`t have electrical parts)
3. Use a hairdrier and blow it about 5 min...
4. Let it cool down and your lumia is back to shape!
I hope this little hack was helpfull!!
:cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes