Need help! Recovery Tool detects my Lumia 830 as "Lumia XXX". SOMEONE HELP PLEASE.

MaxyBley

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
PS: Mods if this is in the wrong forum place, I'm sorry. I'm on Windows 10 one of the first builds. Been meaning to go back 8.1. Now, trying to use the Windows Phone Recovery Tool I just not working for me.

I installed it and ot didn't detected so I did the whole "My device was not detected" process and choose Lumia. Nothing happened. I rebooted the phone. Still nothing. Than rebooted my PC and phone. Then when it did detect it, it showed "Lumia XXX" and I clicked that and if showed some error I says "Package not available for this phone".

I have no idea what else to do I've tried a bunch of stuff. I click repair for Recovery Tool. In re-installed it. I even got some Lumia 830 drivers for my PC installing all over again two times (was automatically nothing I did for that to happen).

Also, the main reason why I wanted or rather needed to revert back to 8/1 is because. A previous Windows 10 mobile update build just wouldn't install at all.not even finish downloading. Someone please help me. I beg you.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Okay this should be relatively simple as it detects your phone which is a good sign.

1) Download Navifirm and download the Rom for your model (you will need to use the RM number shown in the recovery tool in order to get the correct rom).

Symbian Toys - Software NaviFirm+ to dowload the firmware of your Symbian smartphone
2) Once downloaded place the files under RM-(Your phone's RM number) in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Packages
3) Start the recovery tool in offline mode
4) Go through the process - my phone is not detected.

Let us know if this helps :).

Also have you tried the Lumia recovery tool (I'm guessing you have already?).

MaxyBley

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I have done almost everything I could. Still facing another problem. I tried the Nokia Recovery Tool and it says my device is not supported by the Nokia RT. And that I needed to use the the Windows Phone Recovery Tool instead. I downloaded the package to a folder I made on my desktop. I then linked Windows Phone RT to that folder. There is however no button to run in offline. The Nokia one does but not the Windows Phone one. I even unplugged the internet and it just wouldn't work if it's not connected to the internet.

Am I doing something wrong? Please help.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have done almost everything I could. Still facing another problem. I tried the Nokia Recovery Tool and it says my device is not supported by the Nokia RT. And that I needed to use the the Windows Phone Recovery Tool instead. I downloaded the package to a folder I made on my desktop. I then linked Windows Phone RT to that folder. There is however no button to run in offline. The Nokia one does but not the Windows Phone one. I even unplugged the internet and it just wouldn't work if it's not connected to the internet.

Am I doing something wrong? Please help.
assuming you have the packages downloaded as per your post, you can follow the instructions in the link below and flash your phone via Nokia Care Suite.
You need to download the Nokia Care Suite provided in the link in that thread. You also need the packages, which you already have. You have to create the folder as instructed in the thread and copy the packages into that folder so Nokia Care Suite can pick up the rom to flash your phone. Make sure you create the folder with the correct rm-xxx name (Settings/Extras+Info).
(Do not use the packages from that link below if your phone is not a RM-983. Use the packages you downloaded with the appropriate RM-xxx number.)

hope that helps
link to thread:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...mia-830-rm-983-8-1-update-2-proper-denim.html

PS: this is similar to TechFreak1's instructions and should work offline.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon