Can Lumia Camera Beta or Classic be installed on the 830 ?

webvan

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
I'd like to get some options missing in Lumia Camera 5 by loading Lumia Camera Beta or Classic but can't figure out a way to do it. Tried sideloading some .xap or .appx files but they show up as "unsupported"...Thanks ! My 830 is developer unlocked if that helps.

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried older versions of the apps? I remember when it was end game for BlackBerry 10, sometimes we could get an app to work IF we used an older version.

webvan

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the hint, yes I did try to go back as far as possible but options are limited in terms of what's available. It seems that in June 2015 MS pulled the plug on Lumia Camera Classic being available for the 830/930/1520 but I can't find versions earlier than that date :-(

EDIT - actually 4.9.4.1 is from March 2015 but shows as "unsupported" in Store/Install Local, at least the version I found.

webvan

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Thanks, can't seem to be able to track down an .xap for that version though, is that Lumia Camera Classic or Lumia Camera Beta ?

webvan

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Thanks, yes had come accross this but it's the "normal" Lumia Camera for installation on WP10 it seems, not Lumia Camera Beta or Lumia Camera Classic

webvan

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Yes, you'd think that being developer unlocked you could bypass these "unsupported" messages in the Store/Install Local, but it seems not. Been reading about the interlop unlock and/or WPInternals but I'm not sure it would help...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes