Let it use the flash

WP Fan in Cleveland

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
So I've been seeing what a lot of other people have reported- in low light situations, horrible wb, high iso noise, etc. I was playing around tonight, and when I turn the flash to auto mode, using frame-avg metering, and basically set everything to default, when that flash gets used, I am really amazed and pleased. No glare, perfect contrast and focus, and even the wb was right, even in rooms with very little light. The LED flash diffuses perfectly, and that surprised me. Like a lot of people, normally I wouldn't dream of turning a flash on, but I wonder if a lot of the deficiencies we are seeing is done on purpose, because Nokia is assuming the auto-flash would be on? In any case, it's too late to post pics, but I'm going to continue testing over the weekend and see what I can do.

So anyway, my one idea is- turn the flash on auto, and leave it on. Might be surprised with the results.

Findley

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I agree. It isn't practical in all situations, but I have been very pleased with the pictures taken with the flash on. Of course I came from a Trophy, so pretty much everything about this phone is better. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon