Yesterday I obtained 2 white 900s. One is having the purple-ish tint issue. However, there is another issue that both devices are having. When waking the phone from sleep, the screen glitches for a fraction of a second. Usually this glitch is a set of white lines that flash on the screen before the lock screen appears on the display. It has popped up a couple of times in transitions between screens as well. I have noticed this on both devices. Anyone else notice this?
    04-23-2012 10:52 PM
    Yeah my black Lumia does this but I just assumed it was normal. It doesn't do it all the time but not a major issue really. It only does it when waking up the screen from sleep.
    04-23-2012 11:04 PM
    My Black 900 does this as well from time to time if I remember correctly my Glaxy Nexus did this too.
    04-23-2012 11:38 PM
    my white lumia does not do the screen glitch, however i do have the purple haze on mine. as for the samsung galaxy nexus white line deal i had one and i think that is on purpose it looks like when you cut the tv on or off you get that, i thought they were pushing for that look since they make tv's plus on some galaxy nexus forums it was confirmed it wasn't a glitch it was just the way they designed it, if we are talking about the same white line that when you cut it on or off its horizontal before the screen goes black.
    Last edited by nokia4life; 04-23-2012 at 11:44 PM. Reason: correcting name of phone.
    04-23-2012 11:43 PM
    I am familiar with the cathode ray tube style transition you are mentioning, these are decidedly graphic glitch material. Performance doesn't seem to be suffering as a result, I'm assuming its a software issue.
    04-23-2012 11:54 PM
    I am familiar with the cathode ray tube style transition you are mentioning, these are decidedly graphic glitch material. Performance doesn't seem to be suffering as a result, I'm assuming its a software issue.
    Got it, thanks for confirmation

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-24-2012 01:27 AM
    Mine did this ONCE after dropping it from my bedside table on the floor. I thought I busted it, but it hasn't done it since.
    04-24-2012 09:54 AM
    I've noticed both my Cyan and White Lumias have done this.
    04-24-2012 09:59 AM
    I don't think I've seen this on my cyan Lumia. What's it look like exactly? I'll watch for it.

04-24-2012 10:46 AM
    I don't think I've seen this on my cyan Lumia. What's it look like exactly? I'll watch for it.

It almost looks like a distored image of the lock screen wallpaper that shows for a split second right before the actual lock screen shows up. Mine does it occasionally.
    04-24-2012 04:13 PM
    I was hoping someone else would post this as well. Mine does it from time to time. Not all the time, but I know exactly what you're talking about. I was about to return it, but it's not too often that it happens.
    04-25-2012 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD