Screen Glitch

rjansen3

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I obtained 2 white 900s. One is having the purple-ish tint issue. However, there is another issue that both devices are having. When waking the phone from sleep, the screen glitches for a fraction of a second. Usually this glitch is a set of white lines that flash on the screen before the lock screen appears on the display. It has popped up a couple of times in transitions between screens as well. I have noticed this on both devices. Anyone else notice this?

The def star

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah my black Lumia does this but I just assumed it was normal. It doesn't do it all the time but not a major issue really. It only does it when waking up the screen from sleep.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
my white lumia does not do the screen glitch, however i do have the purple haze on mine. as for the samsung galaxy nexus white line deal i had one and i think that is on purpose it looks like when you cut the tv on or off you get that, i thought they were pushing for that look since they make tv's plus on some galaxy nexus forums it was confirmed it wasn't a glitch it was just the way they designed it, if we are talking about the same white line that when you cut it on or off its horizontal before the screen goes black.

Last edited:

rjansen3

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I am familiar with the cathode ray tube style transition you are mentioning, these are decidedly graphic glitch material. Performance doesn't seem to be suffering as a result, I'm assuming its a software issue.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I am familiar with the cathode ray tube style transition you are mentioning, these are decidedly graphic glitch material. Performance doesn't seem to be suffering as a result, I'm assuming its a software issue.

Got it, thanks for confirmation

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I've seen this on my cyan Lumia. What's it look like exactly? I'll watch for it.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

It almost looks like a distored image of the lock screen wallpaper that shows for a split second right before the actual lock screen shows up. Mine does it occasionally.

Ethere

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping someone else would post this as well. Mine does it from time to time. Not all the time, but I know exactly what you're talking about. I was about to return it, but it's not too often that it happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3