Dropped my Lumia for the first time :( Survived :)

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Scared the crap out of me today. Slipped out of my pocket (forgot how shallow my pockets were) when i sat down. Fell about 1.5ft onto tile, most damage was a dented corner, bit relief but sad that it isn't perfect looking anymore, but it really doesn't look bad because is the color all the way through unibody design. Another plus to Nokia for the thought. Anyone have any experiences with this unique feature of Nokia? I really have to give it to them for thinking about these things.

hiko36

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Dropped mine from about the same distance and the screen split in half. Thankfully, Asurion is only charging a $125 deductible and my $100 bill credit will cover most of that.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Scared the crap out of me today. Slipped out of my pocket (forgot how shallow my pockets were) when i sat down. Fell about 1.5ft onto tile, most damage was a dented corner, bit relief but sad that it isn't perfect looking anymore, but it really doesn't look bad because is the color all the way through unibody design. Another plus to Nokia for the thought. Anyone have any experiences with this unique feature of Nokia? I really have to give it to them for thinking about these things.

They probably do think of it, they're just way too cheap to put it into practice. When it comes to hardware design and quality, Nokia has always been and remains head-and-shoulders above the competition.

Alteran195

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I've dropped mine twice, the first time was an hour or so after I got it after preordering it. Dropped from my hand to a tile floor with no damage, wasn't used to the size of the phone.

Second time was out of my lap getting out of my car to the concrete face down, scared the **** out of me, only scratched the top corner, and is barely noticeable. I forgot it was in my lap...

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I've dropped mine twice, the first time was an hour or so after I got it after preordering it. Dropped from my hand to a tile floor with no damage, wasn't used to the size of the phone.

Second time was out of my lap getting out of my car to the concrete face down, scared the **** out of me, only scratched the top corner, and is barely noticeable. I forgot it was in my lap...

Oh man, that's happened to me with my Fuze about 3 times, each time the damage just was worse, but the thing was a tank and survived. Great to hear that the damage seems pretty minimal in that respect to our Lumias.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Dropped mine, dented all four corners, I WAS BUMMED! The one time it was out of a case. Luckily, have insurance and a new one is on the way.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Seriously get the official gel cases, it's like they aren't even there and it'll protect you pretty well. I've dropped mine several times, and had no damage or marks. People are always surprised when I tell them it's a case, and they think I have the cyan one though it's really black with a cyan gel case.

L3PT

May 24, 2012
Visit site
I really happy to hear this it a proven fact that Nokia has some of the strongest phones. I owned both the iPhone 4 & 4S and it's a weak device when compared to my Nokia Lumia 900, honestly my NL900 does not feel fragile in my hands.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon