(Offical) Nokia Lumia 900 Bug List (2175.1003 FW)

justin071894

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Nokia just released a new firmware update to fix the purple display issue. Unfortunately, there are still bugs remaining.

1) Volume buttons do not work when the screen is locked
2) Camera button does not work when the screen is locked

Anyone else still experiencing bugs/problems?

aspj111

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Nokia just released a new firmware update to fix the purple display issue. Unfortunately, there are still bugs remaining.

1) My volume buttons work from lockscreen
2) Camera button does work from lockscreen

AMPed126

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

Both have worked for me since I took out of the box.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

Everything is working like it should, no problem here after the update.

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Sorry but my Lumia is working fine. I noticed that my scrolling speed had some enchantments with this update. Also my camera is better and opens apps faster. Nokia is the best!!! please bring WP8 to the Lumia

Oldmajor

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
When you all say it works from the lock screen, I think its important to be clear that you have the display actually on, but the lock screen is on VERSUS having the screen off.

I have found that when my screen is off, I cannot control the volume (something I used to be able to do with my HTC Arrive)

justin071894

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
When you all say it works from the lock screen, I think its important to be clear that you have the display actually on, but the lock screen is on VERSUS having the screen off.

I have found that when my screen is off, I cannot control the volume (something I used to be able to do with my HTC Arrive)
I'm exactly the same. It's annoying when your listening to music and you want to turn the volume down while the phone is in your pocket. I was able to do it with my Samsung Focus and Lumia 800. I think it's software related, like most of the problems we have been having.

My only question is, why was the phone delayed almost a month, yet there are still bugs. This is Nokia's THIRD phone that has had a lot of bugs. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this phone and plan on keeping it, but I mean really. They should have gotten use to the platform by now.

justin071894

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had the problem described here?

Nokia Support Discussions - Lumia 900 stops handling txt msgs and maps are bla... - Nokia Support Discussions

Just curious if anyone who has had the problem can confirm whether or not the update addresses this?

Thanks,
-jb
I haven't had that problem. Did you have the facebook app installed on your phone and pinned to your Start Screen? I had that, and had severe battery drain issues. I did a hard reset and it fixed all my problems.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had the problem described here?

Nokia Support Discussions - Lumia 900 stops handling txt msgs and maps are bla... - Nokia Support Discussions

Just curious if anyone who has had the problem can confirm whether or not the update addresses this?

Thanks,
-jb

I had a text message bug one time. What triggered it was an MMS. I had tried downloading it before turning data on, then after switching my data on and downloading the MMS, I was getting no SMS at all. I was going to try to do a hard reset, but instead I cleared out my messages (deleted all the threads) and it seem to be working again, so it seems like it might be a software issue, not sure if this was cleared up as I never had this problem again. This was pre data issue update.

vizagdude

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I have a simple question...

Why is this thread a sticky and how is this "(official)"???

Most of us, if not all of us do not have the issues the OP has mentioned. So, it's either his device is defective or he is doing it wrong. So, it definitely does not make it a bug.

Just my 2 cents.

justin071894

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a simple question...

Why is this thread a sticky and how is this "(official)"???

Most of us, if not all of us do not have the issues the OP has mentioned. So, it's either his device is defective or he is doing it wrong. So, it definitely does not make it a bug.

Just my 2 cents.

Is it really that big of a deal? He thinks it might be a bug so he asked. Didn't realize we had "bug police."

vizagdude

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Is it really that big of a deal? He thinks it might be a bug so he asked. Didn't realize we had "bug police."

Why are your addressing yourself in the 3rd person. Looks like YOU are the one who started the thread and Yes, making it sticky is a big deal as it might confuse people that Nokia officially acknowledged these are bugs.

justin071894

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Why are your addressing yourself in the 3rd person. Looks like YOU are the one who started the thread and Yes, making it sticky is a big deal as it might confuse people that Nokia officially acknowledged these are bugs.

For your information, I didn't make it sticky. And second there was a thread that said (official) bugs for the last firmware update. I am simply continuing it. And third, i don't think people are going to get confused. Its not that big of a deal!

How am I referring myself in the third person? I said 'he' talking about another user who posted. Re-read the posts!

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Christ people. The phone has some bugs. We're on a damn windows phone forum and it would be nice to see if other users are having similar problems or if you had a defective unit. Threads like this are geared towards having everything in one place so the forum doesn't get swamped with inane bug threads.

Calm the **** down. My Nokia purity inline controls still don't work when the phone screen is off. There's your bug to start the thread

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

artzznyzz

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
To Have All Post "Purple" Bug REports in the Same Thread:

Post - "Purple" Update Issues:

I didn't have the "Purple" problem, but overall have been pleased with responsiveness after the "Purple" update. Much snappier, quicker loading, etc., screen much more responsive, etc.

But now I am up to new bugs, (Ooppss - 'features') to check out over the next couple days:

- The default nokia / bing map seems flakey:
I spent 4+ hrs driving this AM in "new to me" neighborhoods and snakepit highways with only the nokia / bing default maps. It was awful. Phone (post "Purple" update) kept losing data connection, & would not reliably pick up or sync with the GPS signal. Then recentered on nearby cell towers, not using GPS data. (Cold restart did not help.)

- Battery / charge issue:
And, despite being on the car charger the whole time this AM, the battery dropped continually from 100% to 38%. As the power dropped, the charge / discharge fluxuated and the phone went repeatedly into power saving mode. Overall awfull.

- (Note, my N L 900 seems to gets flakey when the charge drops much below 3.8 volts, ~55% charge. This was also true pre "Purple" update)

Measuring Battery Status:
- This is easy - Download "diagnostic tools" (google on net, wpcentral or xda-developers for just dial ##634# from the phone. It shows battery status as a graphic with ~4 intervals, as a %, 0 to 100 by ones, voltage (3.5 to 4.1 volts seems typical), & current as charging or discharging AND rate of charge or discharge in mA (mille Amps), -100 to -300, to +100 - +300 - +500 - +700 seem typical. (this is also great for checking if new cables & chargers are working) - Neat.

- Anbother unrelated problem with Bing Search:
Bing search is randomly coming up on my display, even if the phone is just sitting on desk or car holder, whthout being touched. Can this be stopped? &/Or can Bing be replaced ? The display is TOO BUSY to be showing up on screen all the time.

Last edited:

justin071894

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Christ people. The phone has some bugs. We're on a damn windows phone forum and it would be nice to see if other users are having similar problems or if you had a defective unit. Threads like this are geared towards having everything in one place so the forum doesn't get swamped with inane bug threads.

Calm the **** down. My Nokia purity inline controls still don't work when the phone screen is off. There's your bug to start the thread

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express
THANK YOU! VigazDude obviously didn't get the memo.

justin071894

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
To Have All Post "Blue" Bug REports in the Same Thread:

Post - "Blue" Update Issues:

I didn't have the "blue" problem, but overall have been pleased with responsiveness after the "blue" update. Much snappier, quicker loading, etc., screen much more responsive, etc.

But now I am up to new bugs, (Ooppss - 'features') to check out over the next couple days:

- The default nokia / bing map seems flakey:
I spent 4+ hrs driving this AM in "new to me" neighborhoods and snakepit highways with only the nokia / bing default maps. It was awful. Phone (post "blue" update) kept losing data connection, & would not reliably pick up or sync with the GPS signal. Then recentered on nearby cell towers, not using GPS data. (Cold restart did not help.)

- Battery / charge issue:
And, despite being on the car charger the whole time this AM, the battery dropped continually from 100% to 38%. As the power dropped, the charge / discharge fluxuated and the phone went repeatedly into power saving mode. Overall awfull.

- (Note, my N L 900 seems to gets flakey when the charge drops much below 3.8 volts, ~55% charge. This was also true pre "blue" update)

Measuring Battery Status:
- This is easy - Download "diagnostic tools" (google on net, wpcentral or xda-developers for just dial ##634# from the phone. It shows battery status as a graphic with ~4 intervals, as a %, 0 to 100 by ones, voltage (3.5 to 4.1 volts seems typical), & current as charging or discharging AND rate of charge or discharge in mA (mille Amps), -100 to -300, to +100 - +300 - +500 - +700 seem typical. (this is also great for checking if new cables & chargers are working) - Neat.

- Anbother unrelated problem with Bing Search:
Bing search is randomly coming up on my display, even if the phone is just sitting on desk or car holder, whthout being touched. Can this be stopped? &/Or can Bing be replaced ? The display is TOO BUSY to be showing up on screen all the time.
Not sure what you mean by the "blue" update. Do you mean "purple"? The most recent update (Firmware 2175.1003) fixed the purple screen issue.

With the Bing Search popping up, there seems to be an issue when the phone will randomly simulate a long press on either the back button, start button or search button. All three have happened to me.

As for the map situation, you may want to try Nokia Drive. It sounds like your using the default turn-by-turn in Windows Phone (Map app). Nokia Drive has offline navigation which works pretty well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3