Replacement Phone

wpchicago

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I have had my Lumia since late April and haven't experienced any issues until this past weekend. My phone got attacked by the "startup loop battery drain" bug where the phone refused to boot up after the battery had been drained. No amount of charging, hard resetting, etc. would work as the phone would get stuck on the ATT screen. After searching the forums and finding folks with similar issues, I went to the ATT store for a replacement.

They will be shipping me a replacement this week. Does anyone know if this will be a new phone or a refurbished phone? Obviously I'd prefer a new phone as mine was only two months old. Just seeing if anyone has had a replacement phone from AT&T and how to tell if it's new or refurbished.

This is my first post and after reading through these forums I'm happy to be part of the club! I come from using three generations of iPhones exclusively and have no plans of going back.

Last edited:

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I think any exchanges with AT&T through shipping are going to be refurbished. If you did it through Nokia's warranty you'd probably would have gotten a new one.

wpchicago

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your responses. I figured it would be refurbished. Hopefully there won't be any scratches or blemishes as I'm pretty picky about keeping my phones like new.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
AT&T will send you a refurbished phone through their warranty, Nokia will send you a new phone through their warranty.

Either way, it'll probably look new.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon