My phone won't update to 7.8, it keeps trying 7.10 and then it bugs it so I have to restore.

MMAxCageFighter

May 15, 2013
Visit site
My phone says it's ready for and update and when I plug it in, Zune pops up asking to update. I have tried twice and had to restore my phone each time. All the update did was give me 7.10 and make it to where my Wifi and Data didn't work. I restored and tried again but it just did the same thing. I'm now restoring again. Has anyone else had this problem?

I don't get live tile changes or anything. It simply keeps me at 7.5 Mango but it says 7.10. That and bug my phone up to where I can't use Wifi or Data is all the update does.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
There is a tool called nokia connectivity suite, download it and you should be able to update directly. Do some internet searches on how to flash using NCS

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like you're not letting it finish. There are several updates it has to complete. If you're letting it only do one update and then disconnecting you're not getting all of the updated files. This can cause things to stop functioning.

Start the update and just walk away for an hour or two.

It should be much faster than that, but it will prevent you from disconnecting early.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes