Purging Apple and going Mcirosoft

Okcbikeguy

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
After three weeks with the new iPhone 5 I was utterly bored. Comparing it to my wife's iPhone 4 I was struck by the utter lack of innovation from Apple. Their UI is simply stale and the choice to merely slightly lengthen the phone added only minimal gains to usability. So the iPhone has gone back to AT&T. I can't wait to preorder the 920 and have already sold my iPad 3 and preordered the Surface RT. I truly believe the Microsoft mobile ecosystem is going to finally take off thanks to the synergy coming from Windows 8. 2013 is looking to be a fascinating year in mobile.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey welcome to wpcentral!. Yes I agree with you. I'm leaving apple ecosystem fully. My last apple device is the iPad then going surface RT or other win 8 tablet and going to Microsoft's ecosystem. Their ecosystem is broader. and enjoy your 920 and surface RT.

Also what colour are you getting for your 920?

And what GB for surface

And aren't you gonna upgrade ur com to windows 8. If needed. Very useful if you lost files or your computer breaks down

One tip: since you are getting a surface RT. you can actually use multiple accounts. Meaning if you have a kid they can just sign in with their account and leave you pr stuff alone.

Also the accounts are synced to the cloud. Meaning everything in your account can be used in a different computer. Even legacy apps as well. I think

One more is that every app developed for windows 8 can work on your windows 8 tablet, desktop and laptop. Meaning more apps are made for the store

Last edited:

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm doing the same. Granted i'm a gadget nerd and buy plenty of phones smartphones every year, still i have always had one of the iOS devices since first iPhone, be it iPhone, iPad, iPod touch.

Just now in a process to sell my iPad 2. By end of this year i will have X86 Windows 8 tablet (not yet decided), Lumia 920 and my month old desktop PC (never owned mac).

It did take it's sweet time but we could finally see real MS ecosystem across all gadgets and PC's. As a PC user that's to me more powerful than the iOS one that's mostly concentrated on media consumption.

Last edited:

Okcbikeguy

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey welcome to wpcentral!. Yes I agree with you. I'm leaving apple ecosystem fully. My last apple device is the iPad then going surface RT or other win 8 tablet and going to Microsoft's ecosystem. Their ecosystem is broader. and enjoy your 920 and surface RT.

Also what colour are you getting for your 920?

And what GB for surface

And aren't you gonna upgrade ur com to windows 8. If needed. Very useful if you lost files or your computer breaks down

One tip: since you are getting a surface RT. you can actually use multiple accounts. Meaning if you have a kid they can just sign in with their account and leave you pr stuff alone.

Also the accounts are synced to the cloud. Meaning everything in your account can be used in a different computer. Even legacy apps as well. I think

One more is that every app developed for windows 8 can work on your windows 8 tablet, desktop and laptop. Meaning more apps are made for the store
64 GB surface with the back touch cover. It should be delivered by the 26th. I am hoping for the Cyan 920. I. Have been running Wndows 8 on a laptop since Beta 3. I think the ecosystem for apps is going to finally take off now that developers will have a relatively easy path for developing across pc, tablet and phone.

km99

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Ditto here. I have been with Apple since the very first iPhone all the way through 3G and now I own iPhone4 (but am out of contract). Frankly, I too was very disappointed in iPhone5 and lack of innovation by apple. Nothing exciting there at all. I am not a ****** or anything but I have fully adapted to the apple ecosystem as they are very good in a lot of ways IMO. I was seriously going to head over and buy Galaxy S3 but after reading about 920, I decided to wait and now I am counting hours to pre-order. I agree with you that MS has finally got something exciting and I am looking forward to next couple of weeks!

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
64 GB surface with the back touch cover. It should be delivered by the 26th. I am hoping for the Cyan 920. I. Have been running Wndows 8 on a laptop since Beta 3. I think the ecosystem for apps is going to finally take off now that developers will have a relatively easy path for developing across pc, tablet and phone.

I'm getting my surface RT for free. From my friend who is a MS employee. And my birthday is on 22th October. So he's getting me a surface RT and getting One from MS for him in launch day. Me 64GB with blue cover. And a cyan 920 which I'm gonna buy. Also spending money upgrading my desktop to windows 8

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I used to get in fights about whose ecosystem treats their costumers right with all my friends who swore by Apple but didnt know a thing about Microsoft.

Needless to say, I have been nonstop getting texts from them asking which Windows phone and Windows 8 tablet to get and all that stuff!

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
OK I want to go all MS with my preorder of a Surface. I now own all Apple including the iPhone 5. My question is will the Lumia 920 and Surface sync all contacts and calendars together flawlessly? I don't want some half baked work around. Since it has been several years since I have not paid much attention to MS, I really have no idea how it syncs etc. My Apple and Google tablets just sync so nicely that it makes my work very easy and productive.

I have 2500 customer files and must be able to have the phone and Surface synced at all times in order to make sales calls etc.

Can someone please tell me how I will first get my contacts off of my iPhone into a Lumia 920 and then sync them to the Surface and the same applies to my calendar events. I live and die by my phone and tablets every day to make a living and this must work for me to make the switch to Lumia and Surface. Also, I have a Windows 7 Laptop, do I need to upgrade it to Windows 8 to sync all this?

Please help!

cluberti

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That depends on how your contacts are stored - if they're already Google, Hotmail/Live, or Facebook, then syncing will be easy after simply adding the account, as they'll come down automatically. If you stored them in iCloud, however, you'll have to export them to vCard, which you can then import into your Microsoft/Live ID online. I'd recommend using a Microsoft/Live ID instead of a Google one if you don't already have either if you're migrating into the Microsoft ecosystem, but if you've already got a Google/GMail ID, you can use that of course.

iCloud: How to back up iCloud data

Once your contacts are stored as contacts under your Microsoft/Live ID or your Google ID, they will be sync'ed automatically to your Windows Phone and Windows 8 when you use that account on the device.

hwalker84

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I need the Surface reviews before I can fully remove myself from the Apple ecosystem. I also need a flixster app because I have a lot of ultraviolet movies from Bluray's.

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I had switched over to a MacBook 2 years ago and also had an iPhone for a while. However, I've grown bored of iOS since it is playing catch up with all of the other OSes out there so I got rid of the iPhone. I sold my MacBook because I use a program for school that is only available on Windows, plus I'm not a huge fan of Apple's litigation heavy business practices. I owned an iPad for a few weeks but could not justify the cost of it due to how little functionality it actually provided.

Fast forward to the present and I have both a 32GB Surface with Touch Cover and a Lenovo Yoga 13 pre-ordered, plus I will be buying an HTC 8X as soon as it comes to Verizon. I absolutely love what I've seen of Windows 8 and while I didn't stick with WP7, I feel that WP8 will fill in a lot of the gaps that I found detrimental in WP7. It'll be awesome to have 3 different devices offer very similar UIs and basic functionality. As of right now, it would take something earth-shattering to get me to go back to the Apple ecosystem.

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I though I was the only one that felt this way I am selling my iPhone 5 for the lumia and also getting a windows 8 Tablet/PC, not the RT but a full version of windows 8, but I am glad I'm not the only one.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I though I was the only one that felt this way I am selling my iPhone 5 for the lumia and also getting a windows 8 Tablet/PC, not the RT but a full version of windows 8, but I am glad I'm not the only one.

Hey man. What windows 8 tablet are you getting. Just curious

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Yippie, I have sold my iPhone5, will receive my Surface RT today, and can't wait to order the Lumia 920. New chapter in my Mobile Computing. Very excited!

lennyk1313

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Already sold my iPad, and Surface is coming in today. I go through phones a lot, and have Galaxy Nexus now, but really waiting for Lumia 920. I think that will be a good combo. Ad I am upgrading my Windows 7 to Windows 8 as we speak :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon