11-26-2012 12:06 AM
500 ... 17181920
tools
    I just went into my hotmail account and changed my location to USA and rebooted.

Now I tried Nokia Music and got the mixes channels!!!!! Thank you so much for this tip!
    Aww Yeaah, glad to hear it works.
    Still waiting for the 920 to arrive in Malaysia.
    11-05-2012 07:57 AM
    Hi.

Yes, I want to do the same(get it from rogers).. however...
    I want a "clean" firmware, no Rogers logo at boot time.
    Nokia use to have "Phoenix Tools" where you could install any firmware on their Symbian phones.

Do you know if there is a similar thing for WP8?
    I want faster updates plus, no rogers logo if possible :)

Thank You.
    Last edited by wexjunk; 11-05-2012 at 11:11 AM. Reason: qute too long
    11-05-2012 10:11 AM
    Should you fully cycle the battery at least once out of the box (The lowest I've let it get is about 13%) or is that unnecessary?
    11-05-2012 10:33 AM
    Should you fully cycle the battery at least once out of the box (The lowest I've let it get is about 13%) or is that unnecessary?
    As far as I know this is an old thing from Nimh-battery times. Your best bet is to check what the manual says. If it doesnt mention it, dont't necessarily do it. The general rule of thumb with Li-ion and Lipo batteries is that the lower you let the charge, the more the battery life suffers long term.
    Xsever likes this.
    11-05-2012 11:00 AM
    As far as I know this is an old thing from Nimh-battery times. Your best bet is to check what the manual says. If it doesnt mention it, dont't necessarily do it. The general rule of thumb with Li-ion and Lipo batteries is that the lower you let the charge, the more the battery life suffers long term.
    That's what I was thinking. The reason I asked was because I haven't let it go lower than 13% since I got it last Thurs, and I wasn't sure if maybe it was draining insanely fast today because I had it plugged into my Macbook Pro's USB port overnight instead of the charger. It looked to be fully charged when I left for work this morning but is already down to about 20% with Wifi, bluetooth, NFC and location all turned off with very little usage. I'm willing to bet it must not have actually charged through the computer.
    11-05-2012 11:06 AM
    I've had the habit of charging over night before, but I think with the Lumia 920 and wireless charging I'll put the wireless charger on my desk with the PC which is very much in the middle of the apartment (while nightstand is easily the most inconvenient place to access in all of this apartment) and then just always put it on the charger when I'm around home. At night keep it at the night stand off charging (unless for some reason I'm not home long enough before sleep to top it off) and perhaps even put it on the charger between waking up and actually leaving to school/work/something to top off whatever was lost over the night.
    11-05-2012 11:15 AM
    Hi.

Yes, I want to do the same(get it from rogers).. however...
    I want a "clean" firmware, no Rogers logo at boot time.
    Nokia use to have "Phoenix Tools" where you could install any firmware on their Symbian phones.

Do you know if there is a similar thing for WP8?
    I want faster updates plus, no rogers logo if possible :)

Thank You.
    Check out the xda developers forums. They have more info on this. As far as I know, firmwares can't be flashed to a pure "vanilla" ones yet.
    wexjunk likes this.
    11-05-2012 11:47 AM
    and perhaps even put it on the charger between waking up and actually leaving to school/work/something to top off whatever was lost over the night.
    That's what I do everyday! :)
    11-05-2012 11:49 AM
    Check out the xda developers forums. They have more info on this. As far as I know, firmwares can't be flashed to a pure "vanilla" ones yet.
    Yup, Put there too(someone already asked;):
    [Q] How to Flash a ROM onto the 920? - xda-developers

Thank you.
    11-05-2012 12:20 PM
    I spoke about the battery in detail in my Part 6 review video.
    Well not relly, yo usaid its good and more than 900. The focus was bad, i saw 1d 9h from your screen remaining.

2nd question after surface storage surprise (only 16 GB free in 32GB version).
    How much space takes wp8 without apps/songs/videos. I saw you got 20 GB free space in part6, but how much media files you have on device i am not shure.
    11-05-2012 12:41 PM
    Well not relly, yo usaid its good and more than 900. The focus was bad, i saw 1d 9h from your screen remaining.

2nd question after surface storage surprise (only 16 GB free in 32GB version).
    How much space takes wp8 without apps/songs/videos. I saw you got 20 GB free space in part6, but how much media files you have on device i am not shure.
    When you connect the phone to the PC, you get about 29GB.
    11-05-2012 02:10 PM
    A couple of questions:
    -is there any light bleeding onto the screen from capacitive buttons? i had this problem on my lumia 900.
    -do the buttons stay on all the time? like the Tango-updated lumia 900
    -when you plug it in to the charger, does it start charging immediately, or is there a 5-10 sec delay, like on the 900?
    -is there a good range of volume from the speakers? my 900 has almost the same volume from 1/30 to 10/30.
    11-05-2012 04:14 PM
    A couple of questions:
    -is there any light bleeding onto the screen from capacitive buttons? i had this problem on my lumia 900.
    -do the buttons stay on all the time? like the Tango-updated lumia 900
    -when you plug it in to the charger, does it start charging immediately, or is there a 5-10 sec delay, like on the 900?
    -is there a good range of volume from the speakers? my 900 has almost the same volume from 1/30 to 10/30.
    Read through the thread. I covered all these questions.
    11-05-2012 05:32 PM
    I can't resist hype over this phone but why, oh why, is black the only colour available in Canada?
    11-05-2012 07:19 PM
    I can't resist hype over this phone but why, oh why, is black the only colour available in Canada?
    So far it's the only color. I don't really mind it now that I have the phone for a week. It suits my professional constraints.
    11-05-2012 07:54 PM
    Can u please check the USB on the go support....
    Last edited by naraby; 11-06-2012 at 06:29 AM.
    11-06-2012 06:24 AM
    Can u please check the USB on the go support....
    Not supported.
    naraby likes this.
    11-06-2012 06:52 AM
    Is the weight a problem for you or do u feel it is distributed
    11-06-2012 07:42 AM
    Is the weight a problem for you or do u feel it is distributed
    Very well distributed especially with the curved back.

I didn't think about the weight more than for a minute. The phone has so much to offer and for me to focus on.
    naraby likes this.
    11-06-2012 07:46 AM
    Very well distributed especially with the curved back.

I didn't think about the weight more than for a minute. The phone has so much to offer and for me to focus on.
    Thanks for your comments....My believe is that also you are lebanese....
    11-06-2012 07:55 AM
    thanks for your comments....my believe is that also you are lebanese....
    +961 ;)
    naraby likes this.
    11-06-2012 10:29 AM
    +961 ;)
    +9616 :d
    11-06-2012 10:53 AM
    When you connect the phone to the PC, you get about 29GB.
    Hi xsever, i will get my 920 this Fri but i wanna ask u, can u find Viber HD on the Store or on Nokia Collection? And is it including call feature? Please let me know, i appreciate it
    11-06-2012 05:29 PM
    Any advanced APN settings? I know my Lumia 900 could not receive MMS messages due to no advanced settings available which really pissed me off. As an unlocked phone that feature really hampers you from using it with another carrier. Please let me know, thanks!
    11-06-2012 05:48 PM
    I wish it was that easy. Unfortunately, it's not.

I changed my region to the USA, and tried searching for spotify and iheartradio and could not find them.

I can download Nokia Music but I don't get offered the channels that show up on US-based phones.

Will keep looking into this though.
    Maybe cause I have a US Microsoft account I get all those, forgot about that part lol
    11-06-2012 07:04 PM
500 ... 17181920
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD