11-22-2012 02:02 AM
26 12
tools
    I would like to order the international Lumia 920 unlocked. I heard the Rogers Canada version also has all the frequencies and is unlocked.

I want to pick up the international device so I can use it on my carrier of choice such as T-Mobile and not worry about contracts.

I realize it launched on AT&T yesterday but I don't like that model as it's missing frequencies and locked to AT&T. Plus I refuse to use AT&T due to past experiences but mostly due to the monthly cost.

Is the unlocked international 920 available to order online yet? I would also consider the Ativ S if it has the 1700 tmo band.
    11-10-2012 12:13 PM
    Yeah i like to know if amazon will have it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-10-2012 12:14 PM
    Why don't you just buy a locked AT&T one and use it on an MVNO like Red Pocket or StraightTalk?
    11-10-2012 12:24 PM
    11-10-2012 12:25 PM
    Why don't you just buy a locked AT&T one and use it on an MVNO like Red Pocket or StraightTalk?
    Does straighttalk work abroad? I'm on my way asia... How's their 3g\4g coverage? What's MVNO? I still don't like the AT&T model as it's missing frequencies and would need to unlock it somehow to use on straightalk?
    11-10-2012 12:28 PM
    Does straighttalk work abroad? I'm on my way asia... How's their 3g\4g coverage? What's MVNO? I still don't like the AT&T model as it's missing frequencies and would need to unlock it somehow to use on straightalk?
    It does not work abroad as far as I'm aware. You get 4G, but not LTE. MVNO stands for Mobile Virtual Network Provider. They basically rent the ability to use the big boys' networks (AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.) and sell you prepaid service. In essence, I'm enjoying AT&T's network (minus LTE) at less than half the monthly cost.
    11-10-2012 12:41 PM
    I'm not sure if you'd know this, but on the site it says AT&T unlocked, but it lists all the bands necessary. Has anyone ordered from this site yet? I will probably contact their customer service on Monday to confirm that it will indeed work on T-Mobile US with full data speeds.
    Last edited by Agent-P; 11-10-2012 at 02:16 PM.
    phonegeeks likes this.
    11-10-2012 02:07 PM
    I'm not sure if you'd know this, but on the site it says AT&T unlocked, but it lists all the bands necessary. Has anyone ordered from this site yet? I will probably contact their customer service on Monday to confirm that it will indeed work on T-Mobile US with full data speeds.
    Yup call them. The have a real good ResellerRatings score, so I am sure they'll be helpful:
    Gsm Nation Reviews - gsmnation.com Ratings at ResellerRatings
    Agent-P likes this.
    11-10-2012 03:18 PM
    Hmm let me know what you find out. Doesn't seem accurate unless unlocking it somehow unlocks 1700.
    11-10-2012 03:38 PM
    Hmm let me know what you find out. Doesn't seem accurate unless unlocking it somehow unlocks 1700.
    Well, I don't think we actually know for sure that the AT&T is missing 1700. It is not in the manual from what I understand...but that doesn't necessarily mean that it isn't working. It's just an assumption that it *might* be locked out via firmware.

Either way, hopefully the 3rd party unlockers can deliver and we can get a good test case one way or the other.

If the available networks is able to be displayed, one might be able to tell without unlocking the phone by seeing if T-mobile 3G shows up on the list in a market where the refarming is not done yet. Even if it can't actually connect due to SIM restrictions it should still see the network if the AWS band is working.
    11-10-2012 04:00 PM
    Honestly I would just rather have the international version anyway. I really don't want a stupid at&t logo on my phone. Anyone know the release date of international version?
    11-10-2012 04:04 PM
    Nokia Lumia 920 - High Gloss Red cell phone from AT&T

If you gotta, click on the details tab. At the bottom is the official supported frequencies (under 'wireless technologies')
    11-10-2012 04:06 PM
    Honestly I would just rather have the international version anyway. I really don't want a stupid at&t logo on my phone. Anyone know the release date of international version?
    We don't have real-world confirmation one way or the other that the international version supports AWS, either. The international version has a different FCC ID from the north american version..and it was not tested with AWS bands so technically it is not certified to operate in the U.S. with AWS 3G. In addition, it might not have the ability to use LTE in the U.S. so that might be a limiting factor as well.

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor...27PYARM-821%27
    11-10-2012 04:11 PM
    I ordered mine from Gsm Unlocked Phone Triband Quad Band Nokia Motorola I-mate Sony Ericsson Codefree dvd Player Voltage Converter Transformer Pal Camcorder Vcr System 110-220 volts , I have ordered 4 nokia phones from them over the years. I paid $661 2day shipping included.

They are shipping mine on Monday, they will have stock Monday morning
    11-10-2012 04:37 PM
    I ordered mine from Gsm Unlocked Phone Triband Quad Band Nokia Motorola I-mate Sony Ericsson Codefree dvd Player Voltage Converter Transformer Pal Camcorder Vcr System 110-220 volts , I have ordered 4 nokia phones from them over the years. I paid $661 2day shipping included.

They are shipping mine on Monday, they will have stock Monday morning
    That will work only with At&t. The international version does not have AWS band, only the Roger version.
    11-10-2012 05:14 PM
    Any answers yet? Thanks
    11-12-2012 02:07 PM
    I'm quite disappointed in Nokia. I can go to Google's website and buy the Nexus 4 tomorrow and use it on what ever carrier I like. Should be able to do the same from Nokia. I'm about to leave the country for a month and wanted to take with me a new 920. Looks like I'll be using my android phone for a bit longer. No wonder Microsoft is making their own phone, this is ridiculous. Lots of users are asking where can they buy it unlocked for a reasonable price. Answer is you can't.
    11-12-2012 02:56 PM
    Any answers yet? Thanks
    So I contacted GSMNation support and they told me that their 920s will work on T-Mobile with full data speeds, however I couldn't get them to give me anything that might prove it (such as a picture of the device or the info on the box). And for good measure I decided to see if they would price match AT&T (spoiler: they said no). For me, it's not worth spending $780 for an unlocked version of this phone. Here's the transcript of our conversation.
    11-12-2012 03:52 PM
    Based on your conversation, it does look like the phone would work on T-Mobile but as you said the price is very prohibitive. Thanks for posting the info.
    11-12-2012 04:57 PM
    www.digitec.ch Serious people, ok prices.
    11-12-2012 05:02 PM
    I think the rep from GSM Nation was confused. Up until now, there are 3 variant of the Lumia 920. One is OEM or international, directly from Nokia, one is AT&T, and one is Roger or dev. International, according to Nokia, does not have AWS band, and so does AT&T version. The different between international and AT&T is the ability to use it with other carrier (not to be confuse with using data). AT&T right now need to be unlocked and there is no confirm if they are willing to do that or so. The Roger or dev is already confirm to be pentaband. So the version that GSM Nation is selling right now is the international because Roger or dev only comes with black. If it is the international, then no way it has AWS to achieve the HSDPA+ on T-Mobile like the rep said. I once time asked Negri about the international they got early. They said the device indeed does not contain the AWS band. The price from Negri and GSM Nation are roughly the same so it must be the same device. However, there could be an explanation for this. We all know the refarm of T-Mobile, so this might be the result of it. Instead of using AWS band, the device was using the 1900 Mhz to get that HSDPA+ from T-Mobile. In fact, I did check the 1900 refarm map and look like one of the 2 locations of GSM Nation has been refarm completely.
    lyotam and quocnguyen88 like this.
    11-12-2012 05:29 PM
    i can use red pocket on a locked Lumia 920?!
    11-12-2012 05:33 PM
    So I contacted GSMNation support and they told me that their 920s will work on T-Mobile with full data speeds, however I couldn't get them to give me anything that might prove it (such as a picture of the device or the info on the box). And for good measure I decided to see if they would price match AT&T (spoiler: they said no). For me, it's not worth spending $780 for an unlocked version of this phone. Here's the transcript of our conversation.
    Theres no chance the phone will be available on amazon ? I live in the caribbean and i use a forward company in the states that re-ship to me; amazon 100% have no problem shipping to these address but most websites refuse to.
    11-13-2012 12:37 AM
    Theres no chance the phone will be available on amazon ? I live in the caribbean and i use a forward company in the states that re-ship to me; amazon 100% have no problem shipping to these address but most websites refuse to.
    Amazon currently has the AT&T version of the 920 for sale, but not the unlocked version.
    11-13-2012 05:26 PM
    Hello all,

I contacted Rogers today and the rep told me...

*The Lumia 920 black only (no word on colors) cost $549.99 plus tax. The phone can only be shipped to a Canadian address and it can only be paid with a Canadian credit card. Once the phone arrives, you can call Customer Relations Department at 1-888-764-3772 and pay an additional $50.00 to have the phone unlocked.

Has anyone else contacted Rogers? Have you gotten the same answers?
    11-13-2012 09:02 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD