Where can I order then 920 international version?

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I think the rep from GSM Nation was confused. Up until now, there are 3 variant of the Lumia 920. One is OEM or international, directly from Nokia, one is AT&T, and one is Roger or dev. International, according to Nokia, does not have AWS band, and so does AT&T version. The different between international and AT&T is the ability to use it with other carrier (not to be confuse with using data). AT&T right now need to be unlocked and there is no confirm if they are willing to do that or so. The Roger or dev is already confirm to be pentaband. So the version that GSM Nation is selling right now is the international because Roger or dev only comes with black. If it is the international, then no way it has AWS to achieve the HSDPA+ on T-Mobile like the rep said. I once time asked Negri about the international they got early. They said the device indeed does not contain the AWS band. The price from Negri and GSM Nation are roughly the same so it must be the same device. However, there could be an explanation for this. We all know the refarm of T-Mobile, so this might be the result of it. Instead of using AWS band, the device was using the 1900 Mhz to get that HSDPA+ from T-Mobile. In fact, I did check the 1900 refarm map and look like one of the 2 locations of GSM Nation has been refarm completely.

roxxette

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
So I contacted GSMNation support and they told me that their 920s will work on T-Mobile with full data speeds, however I couldn't get them to give me anything that might prove it (such as a picture of the device or the info on the box). And for good measure I decided to see if they would price match AT&T (spoiler: they said no). For me, it's not worth spending $780 for an unlocked version of this phone. Here's the transcript of our conversation.

Theres no chance the phone will be available on amazon ? I live in the caribbean and i use a forward company in the states that re-ship to me; amazon 100% have no problem shipping to these address but most websites refuse to.

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Theres no chance the phone will be available on amazon ? I live in the caribbean and i use a forward company in the states that re-ship to me; amazon 100% have no problem shipping to these address but most websites refuse to.

Amazon currently has the AT&T version of the 920 for sale, but not the unlocked version.

chilenoinusa

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Contacted Rogers

Hello all,

I contacted Rogers today and the rep told me...

*The Lumia 920 black only (no word on colors) cost $549.99 plus tax. The phone can only be shipped to a Canadian address and it can only be paid with a Canadian credit card. Once the phone arrives, you can call Customer Relations Department at 1-888-764-3772 and pay an additional $50.00 to have the phone unlocked.

Has anyone else contacted Rogers? Have you gotten the same answers?

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm in thailand and there are a few stores selling the 920 for about $715. Looks like I could get vat refund too. However, the box does not list 1700 band so it doesn't seem worth the risk. If it won't work on t-mobile 1700 in the us then it's not much use to me and I might as well get the at&t version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkilDS