Bug/defect checklist for new and future Lumia 920 owners

dacarter77

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I haven't read through the entire thread, but my daughter is having syncing issues using the Windows Phone app for Windows7 and syncing via iTunes. Her music sync fails, mine works fine. Her's Cyan, mine black :)

vel0city

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Only issues I've had are with Bluetooth sometimes not connecting and A2DP popping or sounding distorted.

I'm having the same issue. The Bluetooth will often have a lot of pauses distortion while trying to play on my 2012 Ford Focus Sync. Its like its almost out of range, but the phone is in my hand near the receiver. I didn't have these Bluetooth issues with my Surround.

What is really weird is that it doesn't have these problems with two other stereo bluetooth headsets, only the car's.

The other nusiance, which isn't really a bug but a design flaw, is I can't play subscription music over USB. If its a purchased song that downloaded as an MP3, its fine. If its a Xbox Music subsciption download, it just sits at 0:00 when its trying to play. I know its because SYNC doesn't support the DRM of Xbox music yet, but this is really broken to me. Zune didn't have this problem and would play flawlessly. Sadly the Zune service is gone now and the hard drive on my Zune just failed :'(

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I am having problems playing embedded youtube videos in the IE browser. From appearances on the Nokia support forums, this is a common issue.

Also, I just had another random restart to the phone, not sure why.

Boomwaller

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having an issue with the 920 camera button not auto focusing? The button works to take a picture but when half pressed it will not focus the shot. I may be doing something wrong so any info would rock!

radlink14

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Three things I have noticed:

1) Headphone jack. I've plugged in my headphones randomly and no music will go through headphones. The music will actually come out of the actual speakers. This is fixed by unplugging and re-plugging the headphones. I think it may be a software issue otherwise the jack wouldn't work period in my opinion.

2)Phone gets randomly hot here and there. Also battery kinda sucks. But I feel that is normal when you get a brand new phone. Once you wear it in, it'll be fine.

3)When connected to bluetooth, there is a ringing sound like when you're going deaf after a concert. Kinda faint but still there. You can zone it out if you focus just on the music. So I'm not sure what can be the problem her.

I do also get the rattling vibration but obviously from the feedback everyone here has provided, it sounds like it's general.

I paid a lot for this phone(international) and I'd really hate to have to exchange it for those three minor reasons. Hopefully they wear themselves out.

warrentaye

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Im not sure if this was posted but favourites are not being saved in the new Nokia Maps

Anyone else have this issue? It would look like it saves but after exiting out and starting maps again they are gone

danielm298

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Bad LCD screen

so i get my 920 on friday, today i noticed that there are spots on the LCD by the upper lh corner and a small one on the rh corner by the time, the only way i can describe it: it looks like a screen protector with the bubbles showing: i went to ATT in duluth Ga, they were trying to figure if its was water damage I THINK NOT!!!! so they shot me over to their repair center in Snellville Ga, they said why didnt the store in Duluth just replace it, it clearly is a bad LCD screen, thE Store in Snellville said they will be ordering me a new WHITE phone, i think the Duluth store was out of them...ill let you know what transpires..

daniel m
lithonia ga
happy owner of lumia 920 on the ATT network

Last edited:

octavian90

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Chiming in on the headphone issue. I plugged in my headphones, hit play, and the audio came out of the phone instead. Embarrassing in the library! Unplug and replug fixed it.

danielm298

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the same here (Chicago area) already in WP7.5 on my Lumia 710 with Nokia Maps, which is the only maps app on the Lumia 920 (correct me if I am wrong and please dont quote Att Navigator ;) ). However if I used Bing Maps, the traffic info was way more exhaustive than with Nokia Maps. Doesn't seem to make any sense.

I had an issue with my Lumia 920 this morning, where it would register the Att LTE service and immediately disconnect again striked-through 5bars, then reconnect and disconnect...
After I turned on Airplane mode and then off again, it worked fine.

Coming from a Lumia 710, the Audio quality on headphones is superb on the 920, even podcasts sound great like you are in the Studio :) (with Klipsch S4i)
i had this happened today, but didnt think nothing of it..it would hold to the signal then let go, went through that cycle for about a min...

fyi

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a serious issue I have not yet seen yet. As of a few hours ago, it seems my 920 activates the proximity sensor whenever I make or accept a call, regardless whether I have the phone close to my head or not.

I cannot actively end a phone call because my screen is locked and black.

I've managed to hit the "end call" button in a 1/4 or 1/2 split second when it appears if I press the power/screen lock button twice in a row, but it's very touch and go.

Has anyone else had anything like this?? I'm really really annoyed.

I have the same problem now. I know in the beginning it wasn't there. Do you have the Skype Preview installed?

Edit: After thinking about it again, it's not Skype, but I have it since I did a hard reset because of my battery life. After the hard reset, battery life is now really good, but I have this black screen in call bug.

Last edited:

Matt Sharpe

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Vibrate problem - very annoying.
Camera quality - very poor.
No proper way to get podcasts on the phone - inexcusable.

And on top of that it's incredibly heavy. Think I'll be selling mine.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if it is a bug or 'user error' but my low-light pics aren't coming out the way I expected/want them to.

All pictures seem to come out very dark in low-light situations and no where near like the ones that WPCentral has showcased on their 920. I've only had it less than 1 day, so I'm going to mess with it a bit more, but I have 30 days to exchange it for another one without it affecting my warranty stuff...

Other than that - none of the issues that others have posted about - so far.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if it is a bug or 'user error' but my low-light pics aren't coming out the way I expected/want them to.

All pictures seem to come out very dark in low-light situations and no where near like the ones that WPCentral has showcased on their 920. I've only had it less than 1 day, so I'm going to mess with it a bit more, but I have 30 days to exchange it for another one without it affecting my warranty stuff...

Other than that - none of the issues that others have posted about - so far.

How "low light" are you talking about?

At default, my wife's takes great low light pics. The only dark ones were when I was testing it and trying something closer to "no light."

waltah

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I haven't noticed that. But the one thing I did notice is the 920 does not sent song info to car stereo like my Focus S did. Not sure why.
Mine has worked as well as my iP5 when connected in the car. Sends song info with no problems. Also no problems transferring contacts.

waltah

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Guess I got a good one (red). I did have one freeze up shortly after I started using it, but it's been flawless since. I use BT in the car for music and calls and have used it quite a bit with a JBL Power Up with no issues. No overheating and my battery life has been really great. I do tend to back out of apps vs hitting start button.
Hopefully my luck continues as I really love it so far.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
How "low light" are you talking about?

At default, my wife's takes great low light pics. The only dark ones were when I was testing it and trying something closer to "no light."

I think that has been my problem. trying to take a picture in almost 'absolute' dark and seeing if it'll somehow capture light that isn't there.

I'll take some around the farm property tonight that we live on and see how it goes. Its just too damn cold out!

EDIT: Though, it always wants to default to using a flash in all situations... (and I don't believe it is the focus assist light. Isn't that the light that comes on as you're focusing [if it needs]?)

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Just to bring you guys up to speed on the BT issue in my 2012 Jeep Wrangler, I got in after the gym last nite and it automatically connected and started playing the last soneg I was listening to in the gym just like amy 900 and titan would no problem. I had to stop at the store, got back in and started Jeep, I selected BT audio on my jeeps radio and it displayed the BT like it was connected, no sound I then unlocked phone screen and my 920 was frozen and would not respond to any commands I had to do a hard reset, volume down+power and rebooted phone. The phone was fine but would not connect to my car radio even after multiple trys. This is my second 920 as I thought it was defective and now I know it is a software issue all the way. Nokia please fix this as I cant use Bluetooth for fear of phone freezing up.

st3mpy

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Red 920. Love the phone, but I do have some problems/complaints.

1. Bought Saturday. By Sunday night, there is dust under the front camera.

2. Speaker phone isn't loud enough. At least not as loud as my iPhone 4

3. Phone refused to lock once. Had to restart.

Other than that, it's a really nice phone, makes the iPhone look dated.

ja105ny

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having issues with the camera app? when opening the camera from the locked phone, (hold camera button down and camera app opens, but it is still locked), I can take a picture but it does not show up in my camera roll. It does show up when i browse the files through my PC though in the camera roll folder.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon