Is the Beta Test Over?

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I still can't get over how beautiful the phone is. Having not seen a 900 I was worried about the size/feel in the hand. But I feel like Arthur wielding the mythical Excalibur.

And by that I mean the thing is ****ing balllllerrrrrrrr

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
No.

Firstly, Nokia isn't standing "at the edge" like many think they are (sensationalism sells). If I were to use your analogy, I would say they are heading towards that edge but are still a few miles out. Nokia has had some success in slowing down, but they have yet to change direction.

I do not believe a single device can save Nokia. So obviously I don't see the Lumia 920 as Nokia's sole savior. It will take many different devices catering towards many different markets to make that happen. I do think the 920 will be the device that nets Nokia a decent amount of consumer awareness in the U.S. (the Lumia 900 failed at that task).

Nokia's stock value may double or triple very quickly if the Lumia 920 sells well in the U.S. I'm betting on that happening within the first half of 2013, but they're very unlikely to return to the levels they were at a decade ago.

Either way, Nokia's return to competitive and sustainable profitability will be a long and hard climb, and it won't happen on the back of a single device.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon