"Extras and info" - Error updating

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
The "extras and info" menu under "settings" has been replaced with a strange link.

At least, that what I think was replaced.

This is my second 920, and I restored it from a cloud back-up of my first.

All back-uped apps reinstalled okay except for this one.. when I "canceled" the download after not working multiple times, it replaced that section of the menu with this..

Anyone know what happened? I really don't want to factory reset.

alogde#WP

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Im on my second 920 and i restored from backup and the audio, display+touch and feedback to Nokia options in settings don't open, they just try to open and switch back to the settings menu, any help appreciated thanks

TaniosIssa

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
i have the same issue. to add to that, i actually canceled the update, once in a while the live tile shows one update when i go into the store, there's nothing to download or update. it happened few times.

K_lando

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue today.

Actually, I updated 'Extras & Info' once already with no problems. Today I noticed a new notification for another update, and now it seems to download about halfway, then gives me an error and says it can't be completed. I tried both over wi-fi and cellular.

When I look for 'Extras & Info' now in the settings, its gone and replaced by a path name "c:\data\programs..."

I cancelled the update, then rebooted. The 'Extras & Info' is still gone from the Settings, and now the Market doesn't even indicate there's an update anymore.

Well, at least it was for something non-essential.

Laceym

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem the first time I reset my phone and restored from a backup and several installs failed including Extras+Info and Network+. I restored it again later and did not restore from a backup. Since then Extras+Info has updated but not Network+.

GOOTHRIE

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
same here I just got updated extra+info about 4 hours ago and now I try to update and got error message code 80320011

I've been through this error before with network+ then I factory reset and now extra+info again

so I don't think factory reset will help these permanently

don't want to reset anymore because I have a huge music and video library

what's a shame Nokia & Microsoft

BSiegel1

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, "Houston - we have a problem". I just updated my 920, looked down and noticed that the phone had rebooted durring the update. Now I have the same strange line of code on my screen as well. Time to call Nokia support...

BSiegel1

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I sent an email to Nokia CEO (Steve Elop) and was pleasantly surprised to get a response back and a few hours later to receive a request from Nokia's support group to schedule a support call to discuss this particular item. During my follow-up conversation, the Nokia support representative told me that they are researching this issue and offered to send me a new Nokia phone so I could send in my 920 for further assessment. Unfortunately, I work for a public company and am a bit constrained from sending in my phone with all its settings and data. I had already asked ATT to send me a new 920 for which I would have as a backup should a hard reset and restore not work properly. Since this particular issue with “Extras and Info” does not appear to cause any significant issues with the current operation of my device or other employees within our organization, it’s not critical situation. What initially bothered me was confusion between Nokia and ATT with regards to how to handle this issue. This is why I contacted Nokia. The fact that I had received a response back after writing a letter to the Nokia CEO, confirms to me the dedication that Nokia has toward the success of Windows phone 8 and reaffirms my decision to use their products and services.

nareshrudran

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
The "extras and info" menu under "settings" has been replaced with a strange link.

At least, that what I think was replaced.

This is my second 920, and I restored it from a cloud back-up of my first.

All back-uped apps reinstalled okay except for this one.. when I "canceled" the download after not working multiple times, it replaced that section of the menu with this..

Anyone know what happened? I really don't want to factory reset.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes