Quick Poll "Issues with your L920 Good or Bad"

Odog4ever

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Heat issue

I haven't been able to find anyone with a similar problem on-line, but I recently had one heat and shut down issue.

yesterday I was supposed to have a skype meeting with someone, and i decided what a great chance to try out my phone with skype. The meeting went about 10 or 15 minutes, which, to be fair, is a long time to skype on a phone. I had the phone charging while I did this too, propped up on my desk in front of me. After about 10 or 15 minutes, the phone shut down, which I thought was odd since it was plugged in and charging. Then i realized the phone got REALLY hot on the backside, almost hard to hold it was so hot. I let it cool down before I powered it back up and it seems to be working just fine now.

Anyway, could just be that 10 minutes is too long to have a video chat on this phone, or maybe any phone.

Also, I am having some concerns with the battery, but it's too inconsistant right now for me to tell if it's an issue, or i just use it a lot because it's new.

Love the phone otherwise.

My Lumia 920 overheats, crashes, shuts down anytime I try to use Skype Video chat. Thought I was the only one!
Now we can be miserable together ;)

But seriously though, I'm in the forums trying to investigate this exact issue. Are others with a Lumia 920 having long (and cool) Skype video calls?

My phone isn't heating up that much with any other activity except for when I ran the Flashlight-X app and then put the screen to sleep after I was done using it. Picked the phone up five minutes later and the phone was cooking like I just tried another Skype video call! "Cleared" the Flashlight-X out of the active queue and the phone began to cool down immediately.

browryan

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having issues with call quality? Most everyone I talk to is constantly asking me to repeat myself. Was never an issue on my last phone.

Kingsnake59

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
No issues at all. Battery and battery app are all one could expect. Like the live tiles and how easy it is too manage customization. Have enjoyed dealing with the learning curve of
switching from Android phones to Windows. Really no different than the change from Windows 7 to Windows 8 on my desktop.

Mark Rozanski

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Having zero issues/problem with my Stormtrooper 920. Highly recommend the Skull Candy Speck white and black case. I have only seen the case in White and black. Received many compliments over the long weekend while wetting my whistle at some of the the finer drinking establishments in my town!

Killer BIGxyz

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
my yellow polycarbonate is pretty scratched up, only after a week, in my pocket with nothing else in it most of the time. then again its probably not the polycarbonate but the glossy coating that is being scratched.

bono5112

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I love the phone but I am on my second one and maybe soon to be third. Still having battery issues, and when I use smart glass the phone feels like its about to self combust in my hand. It gets so hot and it finally just goes blank. Phone is still on it just has black screen for about 30 seconds then the capacitive buttons light up and then I get my screen back. Was wondering if anyone else has this problem

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
i'm on my 2nd lumia 920. the first one i purchased at a att store was buggy as ****.

purchased it on friday after work. over the weekend, it froze on me twice and for some weird reason, several tiles simply refused to display the pictures.

returned the sucker on monday, called att and ordered another one. i was hoping it was an isolated incident and i was right. i received my 2nd lumia (this time white but i should have kept the red) and i've been playing around with it for about 2 wks now and i haven't had a single issue with the phone.

MrPierce419

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I love the phone, but my 920 will not charge on the wireless charger. I read where it should take about 4 hours to go from 0 to 100%, and I even had ATT send me a 2nd charger....going to go back to the retail store and just see about getting a swap tomorrow.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
I love the phone, but my 920 will not charge on the wireless charger. I read where it should take about 4 hours to go from 0 to 100%, and I even had ATT send me a 2nd charger....going to go back to the retail store and just see about getting a swap tomorrow.

hopefully, its the pad not the phone. do you have any case on the 920?

Not Saying

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Love the phone. The only trouble I'm having is with the messaging. I can't download media content is a text message that was sent to me. I don't know if it's AT&T or the phone; another thread said there was an app that could help fix it but it's not available in the AT&T app store.

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Love the phone. The only trouble I'm having is with the messaging. I can't download media content is a text message that was sent to me. I don't know if it's AT&T or the phone; another thread said there was an app that could help fix it but it's not available in the AT&T app store.

sounds like an issue with the MMS APN

azdenn

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Nearly a year after trading in my palm pre+ for the lumia 920, I still love the gorgeous red nokia phone itself. However, I'm still unhappy with whomever made the decision to link "messaging" directly to facebook, with no apparent alternatives. I have disabled my noisy and annoying facebook account, so now there's no way to message folks... other than paying at&t 30 bucks a month for txt messaging...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes