Ringtones do not appear

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Is it just me?

I connected the phone to my Windows 7 PC, pulled it up in Windows Explorer and added a bunch of music, videos and pictures. All of it came up just fine on the phone. I then added all my mp3 and wma ringtones into the ringtone folder........nothing. Not a single one shows up in settings for ringtones. I restarted the phone...still nothing. All of the genre tags for the files are set to "Ringtone" as well (as Windows Phone 7.5 required).

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I had similar issues. I basically downloaded some ringtones online. Some of them were named funny so I renamed them. When I renamed them, they weren't showing up. When I left them as I originally downloaded them, they were fine. Very strange. Not sure what to make of it.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
You aren't going to like this because neither did I. You can't import or email that I have found. You can text the file to your phone and long press and save as ringtone. I had over 200 ringtones and message alerts on my BB9810. Needless to say I don't plan on texting myself every one. Besides, you can't add message tones to library, only ringtones can be added. Hope they fix this because all the message tones sound the same. Do yourself a favor and find a free ringtone app and download from there. It is much easier and I found just about all of my favorites.

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Nope nope nope, I got it.

I transferred all my ringtones into the music directory in the beginning since that's where they were on the surround (dragging from the old Zune folders). I said oops and moved them to the ringtones directory. Looking online I saw you *CANNOT* move or rename ringtones that are on the phone. You have to move them to the PC and then move them back again. So I deleted ALL ringtones, and then copied them over again from the PC but this time straight to the ringtones folders and *poof*...there they were :)

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I have heard too many issues with it, and it's too dumbed down for now. I'll jump on it in the future when it has gotten better. I do miss knowing all my stuff syncing with the PC via wifi when I put it on the charger at night.

It's not bad though once you know you have to move it directly from your PC to the ringtones folder to add or change them in any way.

JakeRyvern

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Gosh, haven't seen this issue anywhere exactly...I downloaded a ringtone, while on my Lumia 521, from a third party vendor. I cannot find it anywhere on the phone. I had the link sent to me as a text, it seemed to download just fine, but I cannot find it. The link takes me to the site, I click 'download', and the files automatically opens and plays, but after that, nothing! Help???

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Gosh, haven't seen this issue anywhere exactly...I downloaded a ringtone, while on my Lumia 521, from a third party vendor. I cannot find it anywhere on the phone. I had the link sent to me as a text, it seemed to download just fine, but I cannot find it. The link takes me to the site, I click 'download', and the files automatically opens and plays, but after that, nothing! Help???

Downloads via IE mobile are currently not supported on WP

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psyduck