So, I spoke with Matt Rothshild from Nokia earlier...

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
As the title says, I spoke with Matt Rothschild by phone earlier regarding my horrible order experience with Best Buy for my Lumia 920. I originally preordered the phone on October 21 when it became available for online ordering.

The order just stayed in backorder status until this past weekend, and each time I called to get any updated information, I was given a different story. Anyway, I decided to send an email to Stephen Elop about it, and I was completely surprised when Mr. Elop replied to me. He said that he would have his team look into the matter, and also copied Mr. Rothschild on the email.

That night, I received a response from Mr. Rothschild telling me that he would look into my fulfillment issue himself. I have to say that I really didn't expect much to happen, but, was I ever surprised. I kept in contact with Mr. Rothschild during the whole ordeal, i.e. two cancelled orders, each with assurance from BB that they would not be cancelled.

When the second order was placed, I was told that I would be receiving my phone by Friday, but the estimated shipping information showed shipping sometime between 11/27 and 12/11! Then, that order was cancelled by BB today! I was so frustrated that I emailed Mr. Rothschild as to what happened.

I was shocked when I checked my voicemail today and had a call from Mr. Rothschild! He told me that Nokia was sending me an early Christmas present of a new phone, and I would be receiving it tomorrow!! He asked me to give him a call back, which I did, just to thank him for his intervention on my behalf. He said that Nokia was having a discussion with management at Best Buy regarding their handling of order fulfillment.

Then, and here's the kicker, he told me to make sure I checked the tracking information with UPS, because he said there were also some "extras" in the package to make my experience with the phone even more enjoyable! OMG! I checked the shipping weight on UPS website, and it says the package weighs 9lbs!

When a company takes the initiative to stand behind their product and the people who buy them, that speaks volumes for the integrity and reputation of the company in my book. My first cell phone was a Nokia, and I love my L900, but I really want my new toy. Nokia has my loyalty from this day forward! My friends at work can't believe that Matt Rothschild called me personally, and I guess I can't either. It's so nice to know that integrity is still alive within the corporate world. Gonna be the best Thanksgiving ever!

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Simply awesome. Nokia might have been (and still may be) near the brink of going out of business (hopefully WP8 will change that), but they never forgot about great customer service. Lots of companies could learn from their ways.

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I know. I can't believe it. I have been so jealous reading about everyone on this forum enjoying their new toys, and I've just been here...waiting.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I love stories like this. Say what you will, but NOBODY can touch Nokia's customer service. Absolutely amazing.

Try getting that kind of response from Apple or Samsung or HTC.

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I love stories like this. Say what you will, but NOBODY can touch Nokia's customer service. Absolutely amazing.

Try getting that kind of response from Apple or Samsung or HTC.

I agree 100%. Hopefully, it's this kind of service that will keep Nokia around for a long, long time.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Nokia phones my entire life and their customer service has always been top notch. If only all companies had customer service like that.

And people still wonder which WP OEM deserves their money? I don't think HTC or Samsung will deal with the issue the same way.

ColeHarris

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Wow thats awesome, Nokia rocks! I really hope that WP8 takes off so Nokia can get out of this muck they're in, if there's any company that deserves some true success right now its them.

Ebaneeezor

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
This is exactly why I am staying with WP8 and Nokia... I cant think of any company anymore that stands by a product. This company fixed the purple hue, moved the buttons on the phone, added the curved glass, and added the cyan color back to the 920 - all from user feedback... then I keep reading stories like this - how can you now stand with them.

peterg21

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
An excellent outcome and I too have heard anecdotal stories of excellent Nokia service. I have been wavering between the 920 and the iPhone 5 (screen size not what I was hoping for and iOS frankly bores me). However, I do have a question regarding general customer service and solutions. I am in Canada and have an Apple store not more than 10 minutes walk away. My carrier is Rogers. If I ever have an issue with my current iPhone I know I can walk into the Apple Store and I am pretty sure it will be resolved there and then (probably with a refurbished phone). With a Nokia say in the US, for example and you have a problem with your 920, do you have to rely on your carrier to swap out your phone perhaps or do you have to send your phone to Nokia. I am talking about say 6 months after purchase.

albertph

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Congrats! Wow that's awesome... I'm a Nokia ****** myself... Never had an iPhone or Android device... In my approximately 15 years of using cellphones, only once did I use a non-Nokia phone (Sony Ericsson), and it broke before it reached 1 year usage (damn mini joystick lol)

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
As an HTC 8x owner AND a 920 owner.....i am highly considering keeping my 920. This is a good testament to Nokias dedication. I still like my 8x better, but damn HTC can't get someone important to respond like Nokia.
Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

doitle

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Yet another incredible customer service story... I'm still having such a hard time pulling the trigger on the Lumia 920 but things like this keep pulling me closer.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3