Error 80154013 when installing Microsoft apps

WP_Doug

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I am supporting a user of a Nokia Lumia 920. Whenever she attempts to install any Microsoft branded apps, including Facebook or Xbox games, she is met with error 80154013. I am aware that there is an Xbox Live error code with the same number, and have attempted to edit her account on Xbox.com and any attempt to edit her account there is met with generic errors such as "An error has occurred" with no error number. It should be noted that she was given a generic Xbox gamertag of the form "PlayerXXXXXX" as she did not have an Xbox account prior to her purchase of a Windows Phone. I have attempted to upgrade her account to gold on Xbox.com with a 14 day trial card and it will not accept that either. I attempted to download her profile onto an Xbox 360 with her credentials and was met with the error "Unable to download Xbox profiles at this time"

Has anyone else encountered this error?

weatherpro

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello!

I had this same problem and wanted to let you know how I solved it.

First, this problem is related to the syncing of the phone with a Window's Live account. When you first turn on the phone, you are prompted to enter a Windows Live account name. The Verizon agent that sold me my phone skipped this step without informing me. I later signed up for a Windows Live account and attempted to enter it into the phone. Somewhere in this process, my new Window's Live account (and subsequent Xbox Live account) became corrupted.

I contacted the Xbox Live support and they 'claimed' my account looked fine even though we couldn't actually change any information on the account.

I then contacted Verizon and after trying several things, I was asked to reset the phone to factory settings. This time, I entered my Windows Live account and STILL couldn't download anything. At this point, the problem was either 1) The phone was a dud, or 2) The Windows Live account was corrupted.

After a 2nd Factory reset, I signed up for a NEW Windows Live account on my PC, then entered it into my phone. Everything worked perfectly form this point forward.

TL;DR:
Reset the phone to factory settings
Sign up for NEW Windows Live account (live.com) and enter this account into initial phone setup.

WP_Doug

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Exactly what happened on this end. Impatient ATT rep skipped the initial sign in and the problem was only corrected by doing a factory reset and binding a new MS account to the phone. Thanks for the reply and now this resolution is here and searchable.

willybraatlund

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I can't remember my Error number, but it looks similiar. But the problem for me was that I live in Norway, but like having my phone on english so I changed it, and for some reason the windows store changed to the american one, so it wouldn't allow me to download most of the apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb