Just Ordered my Yellow Lumia 920 from Walmart. How long is their shipping delay?

spiffus

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Here is the text of an email I received from Walmart Wireless last night:

We haven?t yet received word yet on when we?ll get the Nokia Lumia 920 phone; but we remain confident that it is coming soon. We talk with AT&T several times a day and have received a number of previously unavailable phones; but this one remains very popular and, so far, hard to come by in volume nationwide.

Once we hear a solid date that we can communicate we will send you an email and let you know exactly when we will begin shipping. You will receive an update on or before 4pm Friday, 12/14. Please know that we are not satisfied with the experience you have had with Walmart Wireless and are doing everything in our power to fulfill your order quickly. We greatly appreciate your patience.

Sincerely,

Your Friends at Walmart Wireless

So at least Walmart Wireless knows that the delay is annoying, and they're not oblivious to it. I'll post when I get Friday's update.

tri_fiXion

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Dear ,

We promised we’d write you today to give you an update on your Nokia Lumia 920 phone.

We’ve been in constant contact with AT&T since we last wrote, but unfortunately we still don’t have a definitive date that we can communicate to you just yet. The signals are positive though, and we are hopeful that we’ll have something concrete that we can report soon.

We hope that the next communication you receive informs you that your phone was shipped, but if that doesn’t happen before Tuesday 12/18, we’ll send you an email to tell you what we know.

Thanks again for your patience.

Sincerely,

Got this

spiffus

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I just got the same message as well. And before 4 pm as promised!

My theory, posited in another thread, is that the reason it's taking so long to ship Yellow Lumia 920s is because the secret ingredient in making the color just right is unicorn blood.

That's what I'm going with, anyways.

But it's nice that Walmart Wireless is communicating with us now, rather than pin-drop silence. :)

dharmababa

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
So... any guesses on what they're going to say today? :) The yellows came back into stock briefly on ATT.com so I'm hoping that some stock of the stock that came in went to Walmart as well.

markydore

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just got this email. Shouldn't expect the phone this Christmas. Probably shouldnt expect it this year

Dear ,

We sincerely apologize for the delay in fulfilling your Walmart Wireless order.

We are letting you know that Red, Yellow and Cyan Nokia Lumia phones are constrained throughout the nationwide AT&T dealer network.

We recently received several hundred Black Lumia devices while other color models are not currently available. We will continue to hold your order (unless you notify us otherwise) and send you a shipping update as soon as it is available. We are working diligently with both AT&T and Nokia to secure the phones and we will do our best to let you know before Friday December 21st if you need to make alternate plans for your phone order. If you have made this purchase as a Christmas gift we suggest that you cancel and look for an alternate model to ensure delivery prior to 12/25.

We will automatically upgrade your order to next business day shipping.

If you would like to cancel your order, we recommend you use our Customer Support site where you can quickly cancel your order with just a few clicks. You can also call our Customer Support team at 888-843-2485 and an agent will gladly help you cancel your order or select another device.

We are sorry that we don’t have better news.

Sincerely,

Walmart Wireless Customer Support Team

beej

May 5, 2011
Visit site
This is so ridiculous. "You can cancel the orders that you placed with us 3 weeks ago." Seriously? I'm so frustrated now...they keep on saying, "just wait 3 mroe days..."

beej

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I think we need to start a twitter campaign about the delays and stringing along that we've been facing. Maybe @NokiaUS, @att, @selop, and @windowsphone with a hashtag of #LumiaRage. Flip that danged maketign campaign back on them. I've been a WP fan since Day 1, will continue to be a fan for the foreseeable future, but this is ridiculous. :grin:

markydore

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm so frustrated too. I tweeted to @NokiaUS why they don't have their act together. It shouldn't take more than 6 weeks to get a phone in stock

akroy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
this isn't much of a windows phone experience so far for me, although i do spend a lot of time browsing the message boards and experiencing windows 8 vicariously through actual handset owners"screen images -snapshots of their newest case, their favorite app" kinda starting to feel like a peeping tom, maybe someday i will be straitened out with a handset of my own. on a lighter note almost a month ago i sought help for my windows fetish, someday a nice new yellow 920 should show up at my door ?????

avi920

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I am receiving mine tomorrow, ordered on 11/26, email from walmart on 12/20, shipping on 12/21 :love: . As promised they upgraded the 2 day shipping to overnight shipping for free

Dear Xyz,

Great News! Your new AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 Red has completed processing and is ready to ship. As soon as it passes our Quality Assurance team, we will update our Customer Support website and send you another email so you can track your package directly on the shipper's site.

If you have any questions or to view and print the details of your order, please visit our Customer Support website by following the link below.

Customer Support

Thank you for choosing Walmart Wireless. Your order will soon be on its way to you.

Sincerely,
The Customer Service Team at Walmart Wireless

dharmababa

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I am receiving mine tomorrow, ordered on 11/26, email from walmart on 12/20, shipping on 12/21 :love: . As promised they upgraded the 2 day shipping to overnight shipping for free

Congrats! Though looks like you got Red, not Yellow which is the subject of this thread :)

Here is the email update that I got for a 12/2 order... they are saying "early January" now.

Dear ,

We unfortunately have received word from AT&T that they are unable to deliver the Nokia Lumia 920 before early January 2013. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Please know that we did everything that we could to obtain the phones but they are just not available as we or anyone else expected. We wanted you to know as soon as possible to be sure you had time to make other arrangements. If you would like to maintain your order position we will fulfill it as soon as the Lumia devices are delivered to our Distribution Center.

If you would like to cancel your order, we recommend you use our Customer Support site where you can quickly cancel your order with just a few clicks. You can also call our Customer Support team at 888-843-2485 and an agent will gladly help you cancel your order or select another device.

Again, we are very sorry that we were unable to fulfill your order without additional delays.

Sincerely,

knobturner75

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I got the same email for cyan after ordering on 11/10. I got tired of waiting and tried to get the white one from WalMart, but the answer was the same as the other colors. So, I cancelled my WalMart order, walked into my local AT&T store, and walked out an hour later with a new, white Lumia 920.

Lovablechak

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I got the same email saying that my Red Lumia 920 will not arrive until early January at around 5:30PM. Then got another email at 7:30PM saying that the order is ready and will be shipped once it passes the QA. Now I am just waiting to see when it will actaully ship. I ordered mine on 11/26.

akroy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
this is such bs they should have never taken orders for merchandise that they didn't have in stock, i passed on the yellow with free charging plate in stock for $49.99 at att because of these jerks, now i either wait at their mercy for my phone or cancel and pay a higher rate than what i would have paid at att, had the damn thing in my hands and thought maybe i will go with the walmart deal and save an extra 50 bucks. i like a good deal but next time if their name is on it i will pass.

beej

May 5, 2011
Visit site
this is such bs they should have never taken orders for merchandise that they didn't have in stock, i passed on the yellow with free charging plate in stock for $49.99 at att because of these jerks, now i either wait at their mercy for my phone or cancel and pay a higher rate than what i would have paid at att, had the damn thing in my hands and thought maybe i will go with the walmart deal and save an extra 50 bucks. i like a good deal but next time if their name is on it i will pass.

Yep. My family is in the same position. Absolutely ridiculous, but I'm still excited for the phones!

Mr Manson

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
So I finally ordered my 920 (I convinced my wife it was the perfect Christmas gift!:cool:). But when I ordered it, Walmart, as expected, informed me that they are currently out of stock. I'm curious, does anyone here know about how long it may take before Walmart will be shipping my super sweet yellow 920?

WOW, you get a Lumia 920 as your christmas gift !!!! damn you. I had to buy my yellow lumia 920 all by myself :( I love it but getting it for my christmas would be a darling

WOAHesco

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I ordered on 11/26 and have been getting the same emails as everyone else. I saw on another thread that Yellow was available on premier on ATT and decided to go for it. I ordered it yesterday and it shipped TODAY. It's expected to get here by monday along with the wireless charger. its like a christmas miracle lol.

Ditch walmart and just keep an eye on the ATT inventory.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes