Powermat 2X does it work with the 920? Any oher cheap options?

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've read a few threads here about non nokia wireless chargers and I have not found anything conclusive in any of them.
I got my official nokia charger today and really like it and I want to buy a couple more of them but not at 50$ a piece.

The powermat 2 is only 15$ does this actually work the the 920? If not any other cheap options?

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Any confirmed 3rd party mats that work and are cheaper then the official Nokia ones? Lots of confusing info on what should work.

snailium

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Confirmed RocketFish wireless charging kit for Xbox 360 does NOT work for Lumia 920.

It says charging, but it is not actually charging.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
yes and thanks to the 920s popularity the prices have shot through the roof on those things.

As much as I'd like to think it's the 920 that's doing this, I suspect it's more so the Nexus 4's Qi compatibility and not the 920's that has these chargers in demand.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
well it is a whole slew of new phones doing this. The great news is Qi will become solidified as a standard and leave Apple with the choice of whether to be dicks and use something proprietary, or support it like everyone else.

mrshamoozoo

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
the powermat 2x does not work. i bought it before i got my lumia but it doesnt work. funny the only iphone user in my house uses it since he can never find his 1 cord lol we have so many mini usb cables, everyone charges their phones everywere

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
PowerMat is a separate standard from Qi, as previously mentioned.

People should really stop saying "Energizer Powermat" because that's not what it is actually called, and the misuse is probably confusing people

Energizer uses Qi wireless charging technology for their charging pad.

The PowerMat standard is something entirely different, backed by Duracell (among many others).

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Plenty of third party chargers, look for Qi compatibility. Energizer has a single and a 3-position one. Oregon Scientific has an alarm clock that has it built in. The WPcentral store has two varieties. The problem is that there's pretty high demand right now, so you'll be hard pressed to get them cheaper than Nokia's as of right now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3