Apps force close randomly anyone has this issue? app or phone?

dkstyle007

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I have my 920 for a month already.
I kept having the same issue with the phone .
Beside the randomly reboot, this is another thing that drives me crazy.
Apps forced close randomly for no reason.
For example, I use the IE Browser and go to a website like this forum. After I clicked next page, the app closed automatically.
I have to open the app again and type the website again. It has very often.
It also happens to other apps as well like Nokia maps , weather, CN an especially IE.
Does anyone has similar issue? I couldn't find anything on google, so hopefully its not a hardware problems

Thanks

Mad MilkMan

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Its a very frustrating thing that happens as I have the same problem mostly with the Facebook app, when I'm in my messages on the app I click the persons name in the message thread to go to their profile, the entire app force closes, not every now and the but every single time, very frustrating. But, I opted in for Microsoft to collect anonymous data from my phone which includes crash reports in the hopes that other people do the same thing so they can fix these issues. This is Microsoft's baby that they want to mature, so believe they are gonna try their best to deliver an awesome experience. there is only so much testing and refining they can do in labs. Be patient as it will get better faster than you probably think! ;)

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I've never had it happen to IE or any of the built-in apps. Some 3rd party apps do it occasionally. Really off the top of my head the only think I can think of that's done it recently was Baconit.

azasadny

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
This happens to me and it was far worse with the iPhone 3GS that I used for 2 years. I believe the apps are to blame and this is the "error handling" process...

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I've also had this happen on occasion but not so much that I'm not willing to put up with it while they put out patches/updates. I too think Microsoft is going to really work on this product as they finally have something to be proud of here. I love Windows Phone 8 and if they can keep improving on it and making it better, then I'll be along for the ride. After having had so MANY phones in the past, I don't think there is a single one out there that hasn't been released with it's share of issues. In fact, this phone seems to be one of the better ones in that regard. So I'll just sit back and be patient and hopefully good things come to those who wait.

agadgetgeek

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Its a very frustrating thing that happens as I have the same problem mostly with the Facebook app, when I'm in my messages on the app I click the persons name in the message thread to go to their profile, the entire app force closes, not every now and the but every single time, very frustrating. But, I opted in for Microsoft to collect anonymous data from my phone which includes crash reports in the hopes that other people do the same thing so they can fix these issues. This is Microsoft's baby that they want to mature, so believe they are gonna try their best to deliver an awesome experience. there is only so much testing and refining they can do in labs. Be patient as it will get better faster than you probably think! ;)

Same thing. FB Messages is the only part/app that closes. And it's the ONLY app that I actually USE >=(!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon