Weird Music Playback issue

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
This one has been hitting me hard the last few days.

I connect my Lumia 920 to my car stereo through bluetooth to play Slacker and everything is fine for a while. Then music playback inexplicably stops. Looking at the slacker app, the timer on the song playback has stopped. Killing Slacker and restarting it does nothing. Xbox music will not play, nor will Nokia music. For some reason, the phone completely loses the ability to play music through any sources until I restart it. Then it will work for a while, then stop again. It has been driving me crazy.

It's not that the music isn't transmitting through bluetooth. It simply stops playing and refuses to restart until I restart the phone. Anyone else experiencing this?

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
This one has been hitting me hard the last few days.

I connect my Lumia 920 to my car stereo through bluetooth to play Slacker and everything is fine for a while. Then music playback inexplicably stops. Looking at the slacker app, the timer on the song playback has stopped. Killing Slacker and restarting it does nothing. Xbox music will not play, nor will Nokia music. For some reason, the phone completely loses the ability to play music through any sources until I restart it. Then it will work for a while, then stop again. It has been driving me crazy.

It's not that the music isn't transmitting through bluetooth. It simply stops playing and refuses to restart until I restart the phone. Anyone else experiencing this?

Is your phone losing its bluetooth connection?

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Is your phone losing its bluetooth connection?

No, it's definitely not a BT issue. All music playback stops. Like I can't even launch another music app and play. I have only tried this with Slacker, Xbox, and Nokia, but they are also all I use. I have no MP3s on my phone. If I restart the phone, I can start playing the music again normally, but sometimes it will stop again and only a restart will fix it. I have tried disconnecting from BT, reconnecting, airplane mode, etc. Nothing except a reboot will get it going again.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
No, it's definitely not a BT issue. All music playback stops. Like I can't even launch another music app and play. I have only tried this with Slacker, Xbox, and Nokia, but they are also all I use. I have no MP3s on my phone. If I restart the phone, I can start playing the music again normally, but sometimes it will stop again and only a restart will fix it. I have tried disconnecting from BT, reconnecting, airplane mode, etc. Nothing except a reboot will get it going again.

If you ever play music without using bluetooth though, it doesn't cause you any problems?

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
If you ever play music without using bluetooth though, it doesn't cause you any problems?

Well, I've never actually just let it run through the built-in speakers for any length of time. I suppose BT could be the culprit, but I have used it for extended periods of time with my Nokia 360 BT speaker and had no issues. And I swear that it was working with my car stereo without issue before.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I've never actually just let it run through the built-in speakers for any length of time. I suppose BT could be the culprit, but I have used it for extended periods of time with my Nokia 360 BT speaker and had no issues. And I swear that it was working with my car stereo without issue before.

Just try it for a while to rule that out. Basic troubleshooting. Try as many avenues as you can until you can narrow it down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon