Waterproof Your 920!?!?!

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi Guys,
I'm around water a lot and I have this horrible worry that my 920 will suffer a horrible drowning death. It would be awesome if this company would support our phones. I'm asking for your help. Take a moment to click the link below and write them a note to support us and help all the 920 owners that are around water all the time.
Thanks for the help guys!!

Write them a note to support the 920 Community: Contact Liquipel

Video of Liquipel in action: What is Liquipel? How does it work? - YouTube

Last edited:

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
It's an expensive coating and there's really nothing they can do around the USB or Speaker plugin. It's really not waterproof.

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I've used the zip lock bag technique even though about the waterproof case. Funny thing about phones and water. It always seems to happen when your not planning for it. Watch the video they completely drench an Iphone water definitely gets in the phone. Yes it's expensive and yes it isn't for people that just want a quick fix. I'm not looking for a quick fix. That is the reason I bought a 920 though, I wanted the best and it all, this is that solution for water.

Thank you all again for the other solutions, they're not really what I'm looking for.

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Appreciate that review. I hadn't seen that one. I was so hopeful. I really hate cases as I never put them on my phone. Maybe they'll perfect the process in the future but looks like they don't have it down yet :/

BlackStar269

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Regarding Liquipel:
Palandri says, "It's an expensive coating and there's really nothing they can do around the USB or Speaker plugin. It's really not waterproof."

No, it's really not. And it has nothing to do with USB or Speaker plugins.

It is a micro coating of the interior of the phone. Water can completely saturate the phone and it will still work.
The demo has the phone underwater while playing music with bubbles coming out of the phone as the water fills it.

It's waterproof, just like it says.

It's just not available on the Nokia yet. I spoke with the company. They occasionally run into difficulties with hardware buttons sticking.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon