Problems for the last few days - Lumia 920 o2 UK - Not Portico yet

Rich Reeves

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
A few problems have arisen with my 920 in the last few days, which has previously been as good as gold.

On Tuesday I had a problem of the phone going from full charge to zero battery in less than an hour.

Last night I was experiencing problems with incoming emails from Hotmail, Exchange and Gmail. Whilst there was new mail arriving, I was getting no notification, and the tile was not updating. I did a soft reset which updated the tiles correctly, but they are now stuck on 5 emails, 4 emails, 2 emails despite the fact I've now read them and I am still getting no audio notification. A side effect of the soft reset is that it deleted ALL text messages since Tuesday, and I am now also getting no notifications for messaging either.

And to top it off, even though I have turned off all background apps, my GPS seems to be permanently on.

Any suggestions and has anyone experienced anything similar!?

Thanks!

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Have a look in Settings then swipe left to applications and tap on Background tasks. Here you will see a list of applications that are allowed to run in the background. Look for Nokia Drive+ beta and make sure it's blocked. You can also block other apps you don't want to run in the background.

When you reset your phone the date and time may have also been reset back to sometime in September so this may interfere with your notifications.

The Portico update is due to be pushed to us non-North Americans sometime in February so keep an eye out.

Rich Reeves

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Worzel, everything was turned off.

I think I may have resolved the problem by uninstalling "Brit + Co" which I installed earlier in the week.

My regards to Aunt Sally

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon