Help, my L920's dead...

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
So, I updated Portico and after reading some advices about factory resetting your phone'd improve battery life... And I did it (absolutely wrong decision).
I did it when the battery's about 25%, after choosing factory reset in phone's setting I got the spinning cog for 30 minutes, was nervous about battery life so I plugged in the charger and left the phone as it is.

But the cog kept spinning for another 1 hour so I did a soft reset (volume down + power button). Now my phone keep displaying Nokia logo, then the 1 bar red battery charging icon. I saw this before so I leave the phone charges for about 1 hour and did a soft reset again. But this time, the phone won't boot up and displays that icon again... What happened to my phone? Does it need to be sent to Nokia Care?

Note: I also did the "connecting phone to PC" but it didn't work.

Thanks guys

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Looks like you 'bricked' it. That was common pre portico when trying a hard reset (happened to me too). You can easily fix it using Nokia Suite and following the countless guides on this forum. Here's one Tip: How to fix a bricked Nokia Lumia 920 | Windows Phone Central

It is the same process as those who updated to Portico before it was released OTA. If you need any more help then post again and I/we'll try to walk you through it. It's actually really easy.

If you're too uncomfortable doing that though then your only option is to try and get it replaced or fixed.

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
What I did was take the sim card out and restart the phone. Try Volume Down/Power to soft reset it and hit volume up to put it in data mode or whatever it's called. Power it down and restart again. You may have to do it a couple times but I was able to get it to boot without having to do the firmware mess. Did it twice on my old one and the new replacement I got.

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Looks like you 'bricked' it. That was common pre portico when trying a hard reset (happened to me too). You can easily fix it using Nokia Suite and following the countless guides on this forum. Here's one Tip: How to fix a bricked Nokia Lumia 920 | Windows Phone Central

It is the same process as those who updated to Portico before it was released OTA. If you need any more help then post again and I/we'll try to walk you through it. It's actually really easy.

If you're too uncomfortable doing that though then your only option is to try and get it replaced or fixed.

Thank you very much for your reply :D After let the cogs spin then soft reset then spin then soft a few time. Now the cogs only spin for 5 minute and boot to Nokia logo and I'm restoring my phone right now... That's really a heart attack experience #:-S

Now I'm not sure if I should factory reset my phone in future or not...

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
What I did was take the sim card out and restart the phone. Try Volume Down/Power to soft reset it and hit volume up to put it in data mode or whatever it's called. Power it down and restart again. You may have to do it a couple times but I was able to get it to boot without having to do the firmware mess. Did it twice on my old one and the new replacement I got.

Thanks for your reply. I did soft reset a lot before the cogs spin again and restores my phone by its own.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes