Man I love this phone!!

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I friggin love this phone. I knew that the multimedia aspects were going to be good but I am very impressed with the actual phone phone aspects of the phone; communicating with it. I'm moving my office, which is an azz wipe, and my phone was prematurely cut off so I forwarded everything through my cell. I've been catching 40 calls, emails, texts, hitting Internet ( with the phones went the internet), and at the end of the day 30 to 40% left on the battery. Bad azz. The camera is awesome. Clarity is a given but the fact that my shaky hand doesn't show up on video is very impressive. The people hub; awesome. The music hub; awesome. Live tiles is something that I was vaguely interested in before, and now I see it as a standard. I never turn my phone off and it never locks up, slows down, or has a problem. The os is smooth and fluid. I have already dropped my 920 a handful of times (butter fingers mcgee) and the build of the phone is stout. Not a scratch. I don't know about unscratchable, but the friggin screen on the 920 is sweet. It doesn't collect finger prints, small scratches, jelly from little kid fingers, etc.... Great phone, just saying.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I use mine every day. It's just sooooo smooth.

Tonight, while heading home from work (NYC)... a guy was dead on a street corner in time-square I took a pic with my iPhone because I already had it out, then after a few pics, I realized I needed a better camera and swapped over to the 920. Bang bang.

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I love mine as well - even moreso now that Spotify is available :)

On a side note, much to my surprise, Rhapsody has really done a great job updating the UI on their Windows Phone 8 app, to the point where I'm torn as to whether I like that or Spotify more. The big feature they have that no one else seems to do: new music _by genre_. Why can't anyone else do that?!?!?

Oh yeah, and in response to the OP, I'm still very much in love with my 920 after several months, so I hope you continue to feel this way for months and years to come too! :-D

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

Tonight, while heading home from work (NYC)... a guy was dead on a street corner in time-square I took a pic with my iPhone because I already had it out, then after a few pics, I realized I needed a better camera and swapped over to the 920. Bang bang.
I guess good thing you had you 920 to get good pics of the dead guy. Sounds good!

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I love this phone as well. I just got mine but it has been stellar. I think battery has been great but it is too soon to tell. It did seem to get a hit when I turned Bluetooth on but I am not sure so I'll keep an eye on it.

From all the horror stories I thought syncing my Zune pass music to it was going to be a nightmare but it turned out great and it seemed way faster than when I used to do it through Zune. The only strange thing was that some albums got split in two. I think I will just download those again. (Happened for albums that had both an original version and then a remastered version. I had downloaded the newer versions so when I put them in my phone it seemed to associate some of the songs with the original album and some of the songs with the remastered version of the album).

I am paranoid about scratches so I have not taken off the "TXTNG & DRIVNG ... IT CAN WAIT" sticker from it. It does not look too nice but I can live with it, hehe. My screen protector should arrive today. I can't wait to finally see the beauty of my screen.

I love the feel of the phone in my hand although I am still getting used to the bigger size when holding it during a phone call.

And of course I just love the cyan color. Well worth the wait. :D

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
And as much as I love my phone the one thing driving me insane right now is so stupid, hehehe... My bing wallpaper (lock screen) is not changing AGHHHH!!!!
phone_fix2.gif

Last edited:

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I love this phone as well. I just got mine but it has been stellar. I think battery has been great but it is too soon to tell. It did seem to get a hit when I turned Bluetooth on but I am not sure so I'll keep an eye on it.

From all the horror stories I thought syncing my Zune pass music to it was going to be a nightmare but it turned out great and it seemed way faster than when I used to do it through Zune. The only strange thing was that some albums got split in two. I think I will just download those again. (Happened for albums that had both an original version and then a remastered version. I had downloaded the newer versions so when I put them in my phone it seemed to associate some of the songs with the original album and some of the songs with the remastered version of the album).

I am paranoid about scratches so I have not taken off the "TXTNG & DRIVNG ... IT CAN WAIT" sticker from it. It does not look too nice but I can live with it, hehe. My screen protector should arrive today. I can't wait to finally see the beauty of my screen.

I love the feel of the phone in my hand although I am still getting used to the bigger size when holding it during a phone call.

And of course I just love the cyan color. Well worth the wait. :D

Horror stories is the right description. If you want to like your phone its probably best to stay away from forums! I had a quick drain battery issue initially, but did a reset and all good and getting better and better. My wife's 920 last forever. The actual utility of the phone is great. Very quick and easy to perform a multitude of tasks. Very smooth.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Horror stories is the right description. If you want to like your phone its probably best to stay away from forums! I had a quick drain battery issue initially, but did a reset and all good and getting better and better. My wife's 920 last forever. The actual utility of the phone is great. Very quick and easy to perform a multitude of tasks. Very smooth.

Yeah, I got my phone 2 days ago charged it fully when I received and haven't charged since (about 8% left right now). I want to let it die. I know with these new batteries that's not a factor anymore but I just wanted to see how far it would make it. Almost 48 hours with my kind of usage, not bad at all.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Exactly! My wife red 920 will last 3 days damn near. I get 24 - 40 hours out of mine with moderate to heavy use. If you check other forums all of them have ALOT of battery sucks threads. That's the nature of forums and smart phones. On the whole the 920 has really good battery life.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Best WP out for sure. The build quality is top of the line. That thing is like a brick I knock mine around all the time not even a scratch. I use it to tether to my surface at this point I don't know how I ever got along without that combination.

WuhJett

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site

u gt portico update?

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Best WP out for sure. The build quality is top of the line. That thing is like a brick I knock mine around all the time not even a scratch. I use it to tether to my surface at this point I don't know how I ever got along without that combination.

By tethered do you mean? bridge like BB? or just internet? I would love to be able to bridge to a tablet like you can with the playbook and a BB phone. Very handy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes