Keep Lumia 920 Camera Lens Clean

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
No. It's not a thread about dust under the FFC.

I was wondering how do 920 users keep their 920 camera lens ( yes, the one in the back) clean. My hands are big and when I hold the phone in my hand my finger always rest directly on the lens! Even when the case is on, it just fits into that grove. >.<

There are always finger prints on my lens and it always makes my picture look a lot blurrier than they should be. I just took my jersey and wiped it off. But I can still see some finger prints on it. Picture looks better though. Here is a comparison.

WP_20130313_001.jpgWP_20130313_002.jpg

So. How do YOU keep your camera lens clean? My jersey seems to do the trick for me :wink:

This can also be helpful to a lot of people who thinks their camera pictures are not sharp or clear etc. ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR LENS ARE CLEAN!

Last edited:

Mad MilkMan

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
For the longest time when I took night shots, the light from street lamps and porch lights would streak across my photos. I thought the camera was defective until it was brought to my attention that wiping the lens may help, sure enough, it was the oil from my hands smearing across the glass! It was never really an issue with my iPhone 4S since the lens was at the top corner of the phone where my hand almost rarely, or never an touched, but since the lens on the L920 is smack dab in the middle and the phones screen is of decent size, the lens pretty much is always covered while using the phone therefor resulting in me actually wiping the lens before any shot I take with the phone! Thanks OP for making it obvious to some people who may have been looking for an answer to this problem! :)

Nicklas Kozlov

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I clean my Lumia 920 daily with compressed air and anti-static screen washer :) I hate seeing fingerprints and dust on my phone. I especially need to clean the call speaker above the screen. It's a big hole and one would be surprised seeing how much dust gets into it.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
For the longest time when I took night shots, the light from street lamps and porch lights would streak across my photos. I thought the camera was defective until it was brought to my attention that wiping the lens may help, sure enough, it was the oil from my hands smearing across the glass! It was never really an issue with my iPhone 4S since the lens was at the top corner of the phone where my hand almost rarely, or never an touched, but since the lens on the L920 is smack dab in the middle and the phones screen is of decent size, the lens pretty much is always covered while using the phone therefor resulting in me actually wiping the lens before any shot I take with the phone! Thanks OP for making it obvious to some people who may have been looking for an answer to this problem! :)

Yup. I've noticed this a lot too!

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
The cc1043 case helps me keep it clean in the sense that it would be strange for me to touch the lens. It also makes it so that the lens never touches anything when I put my phone down.

To actually clean it I use the same cloth I use for my glasses every now and then.

rsud7

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
i keep my vacuum cleaner in the lowest possible setting and then run the extension hose across the front and back of my phone - it sucks off all the dust on the camera lens and around the screen in <5 seconds..

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the incipio feather case. I'm sure my lens never touches anything when I put my phone down. It's just my fingers always get into that groove :(

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've decided to add to this thread for those who are unaware that clean lens has a big impact on night pictures. Sometimes you take a picture in the night, and see lots of streaks from a light. Nothing is wrong with the camera, the problem is your dirty lens. Here is a comparison in night. Both shots are auto.

(I know. it's not the best of shots, but it get the point across. I honestly was just waiting for a friend and was derping around with the camera)

WP_20130410_009.jpg

WP_20130410_013.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2