HUGE messaging/picture Problem on my 920

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
So lets say I want to send a picture via Messaging to my friend. I go to messaging, click the thread, press the paper clip, press picture, and press the camera button at the bottom. I take the picture, and don't like it, so I press retake. I take the picture again and I like it, so I accept it. All is good.

But if I go to my Camera Roll, those pictures are stored in my phone, even the one I didn't like (the one that made me do a retake). Anyone having this problem? I didn't seem to have this issue on my first 920, then I got a reconditioned one from AT&T with my warranty.

Does anyone know how to fix this annoying issue?? It would be very much appreciated.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
don't see how this is an "issue"

if you take a photo, it's stored in the camera roll. where else would it store?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like he is having an issue because there was some setting that got changed and his pictures are automatically getting saved, but in the past they didn't get automatically saved.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like he is having an issue because there was some setting that got changed and his pictures are automatically getting saved, but in the past they didn't get automatically saved.

I would think that in the past, he probably did not NOTICE that his pictures were being saved.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
In the video, I did not see the 1st pic when you went to the gallery. So what is the problem?

Even if all the pics are stored, I still don't see what the big deal is. Like everyone has said here, the camera is doing exactly as it should i.e. store pics that you have taken.

I meant just the second picture. It shouldn't be stored anyways, since I took it within the messaging app, NOT the camera app.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes it does.
Once you understand how exactly WP8 works you will be understand this is perfectly normal.
Think about it, WP8 is just a platform to run apps. Every function you see is driven by an app. Calling, messaging, taking pictures, browsing, clock, calendar... etc. Some are baked in some are portable. No matter what in the end they all works the same way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes