My location

mepaulrye

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I've recently tried out the find my phone thing. First time I tried it worked like charm, showed exact position etc. Next day I wanted to show-off to my parents about this and it just showed up that my phone is located in my school (it showed that it was there in 6:40AM). At that time I was still sleeping in my house with my phone next to me. Thought that it was just a prob lem with Microsoft so I tried it out again in the next day. By that time it showed that my phone was located in an area not too far from my home (about 2km) though this time, I havent even been there for some weeks and again the time of that location was 5AM, and again I was sleeping in that time and my phone was next to me. Everyhting is turned on in my phone and when I try to refresh/call nothing happens. :/

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
GPS needs triangulation with satellites for an accurate location. Your location will be more accurate if you are outside with a clear view of the sky, rather than inside where location will use cell towers, not satellites.

mepaulrye

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Nope, as I said it showed a location I havent ever been to with my L920, also theGPS signal in my apartament is excellent and I use 4sq daily so my GPS is always on and shows correct location of me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes